- Sightseeing tour
- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Enjoy rafting II, III and IV class rapids
- Be amazed at the amazing natural landscapes
- Discover preInca sites surrounded by volcanoes
Experience rafting exciting II, III and IV class rapids of the Chili River between the months of April and December. Travel through spectacular landscapes, canyons and Pre-Inca terraces with stunning views of the volcanoes.
Embark on a thrilling rafting experience and conquer class II, III and IV rapids on the Chili River perfect for beginner rafters who are seeking a maximum adrenaline rush! Only a short 20-minute drive from the Arequipa city centre, the best times of year for this rafting trip are the months of April to December. You will be picked up from your hotel and transferred to the “Gruta de la Virgen de Chapi” starting point where you will receive a detailed safety briefing and all of your equipment. Listen carefully to your guide as he explains the rules of the river and how to use everything the correct and safest way possible. Then, your adventure begins with a 6-km descent in 6-person rafts plus 1 professional rafting guide. You will be on the water for about 1:45 hours braving the rapids and enjoying the beautiful pristine scenery as you float along. Travel among beautiful natural landscapes in this spectacular canyon formed by volcanic rock, with views of Pre-Inca terraces and stunning views of the nearby volcanoes. Your river journey will come to an end in the Chilina district where you will board the vehicle and be transferred back to Arequipa. You will be dropped off at your hotel upon arrival.
- All transportation
- Complete equipment (raft, vests, oars, helmets, rescue lines, waterproof coats)
- Professional Bilingual rafting guide
- Security kayak guide(s)
- Bottle of water
- Tips for guides
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Chili River Rafting tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 July 2021, a deposit of 30% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 89 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Chili River Rafting tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Chili River Rafting tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Please wait in the lobby of your hostel for your pick-up 15 minutes earlier. Pick-up time may vary depending on your hostel location so please be patient.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols