- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the UNESCO towns of Matera and Alberobello
- Walk in tranquil countryside past trulli, vineyards and olive groves
- Indulge in the succulent and fresh local cuisine
In the heart of the Mediterranean lie Puglia and Basilicata, two unique and still largely undiscovered regions of Italy nestled between the emerald waters of the Adriatic and Ionian seas. This trip gives us the chance to explore the very best that these Italian gems have to offer, from the conic Trulli houses of the lush Itria valley and the white hilltop town of Ostuni to the rock churches and UNESCO Sassi district of the beautiful city of Matera. Aside from the perfect mix of cultural discovery and gentle walking, we will have the chance to sample the legendary local cuisine and delicious wines that make this region a true food lovers’ paradise.
made a perfect holiday.”
Day 1: Start in Alberobello.
Day 2: Walk over the hills of the Itria Valley, dotted with olive trees, vineyards
and trulli; visit Locorotondo, known for its superb wine.
Day 3: Morning visit to the white city of Ostuni; afternoon walk through olive
groves and vineyards; visit Agnano Archaeological Park.
Day 4: Free day. Optional activities include visiting the Baroque city of Lecce or
the picture-perfect coastal village of Polignano a Mare.
Day 5: Morning walk to the Adriatic coast; free time at the beach (in season) and
transfer to the UNESCO town of Matera.
Day 6: Short walk in Matera’s Rock Churches Park and guided sightseeing in the
town's marvellous UNESCO 'Sassi' district.
Day 7: Walk in the outskirts of Matera exploring prehistoric caves and rugged
landscape; overnight in Matera.
Day 8: The trip ends in Matera this morning.
- 5 nights 3-star hotels and 2 nights converted farmhouse or 4-star hotel depending on departure dates (see accommodation section for more info) , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 2 dinners and 1 wine and produce tasting
- Transfers for group flights
- 5 days guided gentle walking; 1 free day
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus local leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Low altitude throughout
- Travel by private minivan, bus and train
- Any international flights to/from Apulia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in Puglia & Matera tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 58 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 165 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 01 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Walking in Puglia & Matera tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in Puglia & Matera tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.