- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the forest trails of Amber Mountains National Park.
- Witness spectacular limestone "tsingy" rock formations.
- Stay overnight in bungalows at the entrance to Ankarana Reserve.
- Spot lemurs and bird species in the tropical jungle.
Discover the land of the lemurs on this eight-day tour through the stunning natural landscapes of northern Madagascar. Spend time on the forested trails of Amber Mountains National Park before reaching the Ankarana Reserve where spectacular limestone "tsingy" rock formations, underground rivers, and sacred caves await. Afterwards, head off to the islands for well-deserved beach time on Nosy Be, then head under the water to explore waters teeming with marine life and shallow corals in Nosy Tanikely. And, of course, you'll visit the "lemur island" of Nosy Komba to spend time with the curious creatures this country is known for.
Day 1: Antsiranana
Day 2: Amber Mountain National Park
Day 3: Amber Mountain/Ankarana Reserve
Day 4: Ankarana Reserve
Day 5: Ankarana Reserve/Nosy Be
Day 6: Nosy Komba & Nosy Tanikely
Day 7: Nosy Be
Day 8: Nosy Be
- Simple hotels (5 nts), basic bungalows (2 nts).
7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD145-190 for meals not included.
- Private minibus, walking, boat.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer)/driver throughout, local guides.
- Amber Mountain National Park and Ankarana Reserve visits
- Nosy Komba & Nosy Tanikely boat tour
- Free Time in Nosy Be
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Antsiranana and from Nosy Be are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Northern Madagascar Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 65 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 43 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 20 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Northern Madagascar Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern Madagascar Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.