- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Listen to howler monkeys from the top of Temple IV at Tikal.
- Revel in Caye Caulker sunsets.
- Sway to reggae beats wafting through the Belizean air.
- Wander the colonial streets of Antigua.
Trek though jungles to Mayan ruins and relax on white-sand beaches. Get an authentic taste of Belize, Guatemala, and Mexico with an adventure that combines the mystery of ancient ruins with the crystalline waters of the Caribbean. Shop for treasures along colonial Antigua's cobblestone streets and get to know the locals from communities where life sometimes moves at a reggae pace. Explore the ruins of Tikal, snorkel with stingrays, lounge in gorgeous Caye Caulker, and finish up in bustling Playa del Carmen. With accommodation and transport arranged by a Chief Experience Officer, this trip offers the perfect way to discover this region’s unique vibe.
Day 1: Antigua Guatemala
Day 2: Antigua Guatemala/Rio Dulce
Day 3: Rio Dulce/Flores
Day 4: Flores
Day 5: Flores/San Ignacio
Day 6: San Ignacio
Day 7: San Ignacio/Caye Caulker
Day 8: Caye Caulker
Day 9: Caye Caulker
Day 10: Caye Caulker/Playa del Carmen
Day 11: Playa del Carmen
Day 12: Playa del Carmen
- Hotels (10 nts), jungle lodge (1 nt).
Note: Allow USD450-585 for meals not included.
- Public bus, private vehicle, boat, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Belize Bike with Purpose Tour, Caye Caulker
- Your G for Good Moment: El Hongo Mexican Community Restaurant & Youth Art Program, Playa del Carmen
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: San Ignacio
- Your Discover Moment: Caye Caulker
- Your Discover Moment: Playa del Carmen
- Scenic boat ride to Livingston
- Tikal guided tour
- Free time in San Ignacio, Caye Caulker, and Playa del Carmen
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Antigua and from Playa Del Carmen are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mayan Encounter tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 75 today.
- Earn US$ 50+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mayan Encounter tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 April 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mayan Encounter tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mayan Encounter tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.