- Horseback riding
- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- duration 28 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 22
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Immerse yourself in chaotic Mexico city
- Tour the Zapotec capital of Monte Alban near Oaxaca
- Journey to San Cristobal des casas, the heart of Mayan culture
- Head on a boat trip along the breathtaking Sumidero Canyon
This four week tour will give you an in-depth look at the
ancient Mayan civilisation, as well as colonial cities and local villages, and
some of the top eco and adventure destinations in Central America. We visit the
Mayan sites of Tikal, Tulum, Yaxchilán, Palenque, and we tick off one of the
New Seven Wonders of the World at Chichen Itza.We have time in San Ignacio to take part in the many
adventure activities on offer, such as mountain biking, caving and trekking,
and we also spend a few days on the paradise island of Caye Caulker off the
coast of Belize, where we can relax on the beach, go snorkelling and sea
kayaking, or take a flight over the famous Great Blue Hole.There's also a visit to Manos Amigas, which is an
organisation in the Chimaltenango region of Guatemala that supports women and
children who have been victims of violence.
Day 1: Mexico City
Day 2: Oaxaca
Day 3: Oaxaca
Day 4: San Cristobal de las Casas
Day 5: San Cristobal de las Casas
Day 6: San Cristobal de las Casas
Day 7: Frontera Corozal
Day 8: Palenque
Day 9: Palenque
Day 10: Merida
Day 11: Tulum
Day 12: Tulum
Day 13: Caye Caulker
Day 14: Caye Caulker
Day 15: Caye Caulker
Day 16: San Ignacio
Day 17: San Ignacio
Day 18: San Ignacio
Day 19: Tikal
Day 20: Poptun
Day 21: Poptun
Day 22: Rio Dulce
Day 23: Rio Dulce
Day 24: San Andres Itzapa
Day 25: Panajachel
Day 26: Panajachel
Day 27: Antigua
Day 28: Antigua
- Comfortable Hotel 14 nights
- Basic Hotel 4 nights
- Multishare Hostel 1 night
- Camping 8 nights
- 8 Breakfasts
- 8 Lunches
- 8 Dinner
- US Style School Bus, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- Any international flights to Antigua and from Mexico City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mayan & Aztec Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 122+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mayan & Aztec Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 60 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mayan & Aztec Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mayan & Aztec Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.