- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Learn some Spanish during an informal lesson in oldworld Antigua, then put it to good use during the rest of your Central American adventure.
- Wonder at steep, granite steps that reach into the sky while exploring the temples and monuments of Tikal: the seat of Maya power that mysteriously collapsed in AD950.
- Explore Livingston: a unique riverside town where the local culture is heavily influenced by the AfroCaribbean Garifuna population.
- Walk along cobblestone streets and shop for local handicrafts in the tiny inland island town of Flores and learn the traditional methods of making tortillas in a smallgroup workshop.
Travel the cobblestone streets of Antigua, through blissed-out Belize and along the Yucatan Peninsula to the beachside delight of Playa del Carmen on this 12-day adventure from the jungles of Guatemala to the beaches of Mexico. Crane your neck to gaze up stone temples with steps that lead into a jungle canopy in Tikal, stay in riverside Bacalar and sink your feet into white sands and clear waters in Tulum. From volcano-studded Antigua to the chilled-out charm of Mexico's coast – this tour delivers a slice of action, a dose of history and culture, and some well-deserved relaxation.
Tikal / San Ignacio
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
- Hotel (9 nights), Lodge (2 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts
- Private vehicle , Public bus , Local bus , Taxi , Ferry , Shared boat
- An expert tour leader
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Antigua - Leader-led walking tour
- Livingston - River boat trip to Garifuna town
- Flores - Leader-led orientation walk
- Tikal National Park - Archaeological site (Entrance fee, Guide & Transport)
- Tortilla Making Demonstration
- Tulum - Leader-led orientation walk
- Playa del Carmen - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Any international flights to Antigua and from Playa Del Carmen are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Guatemala to Mexico tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Guatemala to Mexico tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Guatemala to Mexico tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Guatemala to Mexico tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The tropical climate of Central America means conditions can be really hot and humid. Always carry plenty of water with you and stay hydrated, especially on walking tours.
- As this trip covers destinations across three countries, you'll need to make several border crossings. While these are usually straightforward, please prepare to be patient.
- While your leaders on this trip will bridge any language gaps you have along the way, you'll find meeting locals easier the more Spanish words you know. Attempting to communicate in Spanish is a great way of showing you care.
- This trip involves some long days of travel, some of it by local transport. This may be a little more rustic than you are used to, but the it's worth it to encounter local life in a real way.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions