- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cover four different countries on this epic Latin adventure. With a local leader helping you out with an informal Spanish lesson, you’ll be ordering your own ‘cerveza’ and chatting with locals in no time.
- Discover Central America – a land of mysterious Maya ruins, active volcanoes, idyllic beaches and emerald jungles – with plenty of independence and the freedom to choose your own adventure.
- Experience an El Salvador of the past in the colonial town of Suchitoto, before hitting the waves and savouring the present on the blacksand beaches of El Cuco.
- Absorb the nonstop buzz of Leon – a Nicaraguan centre of vibrant murallined streets, fiery debate in the plazas, eclectic art galleries and a pulsating nightlife.
Stroll along striking black-sand beaches and through steamy tropical rainforests as you mosey your way around Central America. This is a trip full of outdoors adventure and local know-how. Whether you're shopping in colonial Antigua, exploring the intricately carved structures at Copan or relaxing by the sea in El Salvador, get local insight with likeminded travellers during this incredible nine-day Lonely Planet Experience, powered by Intrepid. It’s colourful, it’s local and it’s unforgettable – get ready for a Central American fiesta.
San Miguel / El Cuco
- Hotel (8 nights)
- 1 Lunch
- Private vehicle , Local bus , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Copan - Archeological site (entrance fee and transport, no guide)
- Suchitoto - Leader led walking tour
- San Miguel - Salvadoran Pupusa cooking demonstration
- Leon - Leader-led orientation walk
- Any international flights to Antigua and from Granada are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Guatemala & Beyond tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 36+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Guatemala & Beyond tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Guatemala & Beyond tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Guatemala & Beyond tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip involves some long travel days, especially on Day 7 from El Cuco to Leon with a 9-hour overland journey. Although this can be tiresome, it's a great opportunity to sit back, enjoy the passing scenery and to bond with your fellow travellers. This is a real Central American adventure, after all.
- As this trip covers destinations across four countries, you'll need to make several border crossings. While these are usually straightforward, please prepare to be patient while local authorities process papers.
- Central America is tropical, so expect a hot and humid climate. Make sure you protect yourself from the sun, wear comfortable, light clothing and stay hydrated – especially when out on walking tours.
- There are many opportunities to get active on this adventure. Some of the optional activities, especially the volcano hikes, require a moderate level of fitness and sturdy walking shoes. If you'd prefer to take it easy, however, there are plenty of other things you can do instead. Your local leader will be able to recommend activities to suit your fitness level.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description