- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Antigua Explore this elegant colonial city
- Copan Discover one of the greatest Maya ruins in the Americas
- Tikal (Guatemala) The Maya metropolis where temples scattered over a vast area stand out tall above the surrounding jungle
- Palenque Arguably the most enchanting of the ancient Maya ruins, set in dense jungle
Journey through the Maya heartland of Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico in comfort. Staying in a series of premium hotels, explore hidden Maya cities deep in the rainforest and wander the cobbled backstreets of beautiful colonial towns. Maya sites - Visit the enchanting jungle-clad sites of Copan, Palenque and Tikal and end your trip at the famed ruins of Chichen Itza Antigua - Explore this graceful colonial city, surrounded by volcanoes Get off the beaten track - Discover some lesser-known gems, such as the fascinating site of Bonampak and the elegant colonial city of Campeche
Day 1 : Join trip in Antigua (Guatemala)
Day 2 : Antigua city tour
Day 3 : Free day in Antigua
Day 4 : Cross the border into Honduras and drive to Copan
Day 5 : Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Copan
Day 6 : Drive to Rio Dulce via Quirigua
Day 7 : Drive to Tikal; optional sunset visit
Day 8 : Discover the Maya site of Tikal
Day 9 : Visit the jungle site of Bonampak, drive to Palenque (Mexico)
Day 10 : Explore Palenque, optional Misol Ha Waterfalls
Day 11 : Drive to Campeche via Champoton
Day 12 : Visit Uxmal; drive to Merida
Day 13 : Free day in Merida
Day 14 : Visit Chichen Itza, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World
Day 15 : Trip ends at Cancun Airport
- 14 Breakfasts
- Hotel Posada Don Rodrigo (3 nights)
- Don Udo's Hotel (2 nights)
- Hotel Catamaran (1 night)
- Tikal Inn (2 nights)
- Hotel Chan-kah (2 nights)
- Castel Mar Hotel (1 night)
- Casa del Balam (2 nights)
- Hotel Mayaland (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Antigua and from Cancún are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Guatemala and the Yucatan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 126+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Guatemala and the Yucatan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Guatemala and the Yucatan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Guatemala and the Yucatan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.