- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- Connect with your hosts at a homestay in Costa Rica.
- Relax seaside in El Salvador.
- Engage with the locals during a chicken bus journey.
- Visit four countries in 17 days.
From the laid-back vibes and waves of the Pacific Coast to tropical rainforests alive with jungle melodies, take the road less travelled on this trip through Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, and Costa Rica with other travellers your own age. This is one of our most exciting trips, filled with breathtaking scenery and a chance to experience local culture with a two-night homestay in rural Costa Rica. Enjoy a blend of public and private transportation, which not only keeps costs down but also gives you a chance to really meet the locals.
Day 1: Antigua Guatemala
Day 2: Antigua Guatemala/Copán
Day 3: Copán
Day 4: Copán/Suchitoto
Day 5: Suchitoto/Playa El Tunco
Day 6: Playa El Tunco
Day 7: Playa El Tunco/León
Day 8: León/Granada
Day 9: Granada
Day 10: Granada/Isla de Ometepe
Day 11: Isla de Ometepe
Day 12: Isla de Ometepe/Monteverde
Day 13: Monteverde
Day 14: Monteverde/La Fortuna
Day 15: La Fortuna
Day 16: La Fortuna/San José
Day 17: San José
- Simple hotels/hostels (14 nts, most multi-share), local homestay (2 nts).
2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD420-550 for meals not included.
- Local bus, boat, ferry, private vehicle, taxi, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your Discover Moment: Monteverde
- Your Big Night Out Moment: La Fortuna
- Your Discover Moment: La Fortuna
- Your Local Living Moment: Coope San Juan Homestay, Cantón de San Carlos
- Your Foodie Moment: Cooking Demonstration, Cantón de San Carlos
- Beach time in El Palmarcito
- Free time in Suchitoto, Monteverde, and La Fortuna
- Coope San Juan homestay
- Rainforest walk
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Antigua Guatemala and from San José are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Volcano Trail tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 63 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 42 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 13 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Volcano Trail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Volcano Trail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.