- duration 11 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Search for lemurs in the Ranomafana Nature Reserve
- Hike through the spectacular granite rock valleys of Andringitra National Park
- Walk amongst the sandstone rock formations at Isalo Massif
- Visit the wood carving town of Ambositra
Explore the spectacular national parks and unique wildlife of Madagascar. The Island of Madagascar is synonymous with the exotic, if not the quirky. Separated from Africa millions of years ago with the break up of Gondwana, Madagascar has its own unique cargo of endemic plants and animals. Lemurs have occupied most mammal ecological niches of the forests and spectacular chameleons are iconic reptiles. The vegetation varies from arid Spiny Forest in the south to tropical rainforest in the north and east. We explore the spectacular collection of the island's national parks, taking in the full diversity of the land and animals, including the Isalo, Andringitra and Ranomafana National Parks. Our daily wildlife adventures contrast with the comfort of pleasant hotels and tented accommodation, combining the best of local style and French colonial charm.
Day 1 : Antananarivo
Day 2 : Drive to Antsirabe
Day 3 : Antsirabe to Ranomafana
Day 4 : Ranomafana National Park
Day 5 : Drive to Andringitra
Day 6 : Andringitra Tsaranoro
Day 7 : To Isalo
Day 8 : Isalo
Day 9 : Drive to Toliara
Day 10 : Fly from Toliara to Antananarivo
Day 11 : In Antananarivo, trip concludes
- 8 nights in 2 star hotels on a twinshare basis
- 10 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 8 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 11 only)
- English speaking local guide (or driver-guide only for groups of 2-5 people)
- Private vehicle transport throughout
- In 2019 only - flight Toliara/Antananarivo valued at EURO 265
- Local guide in Isalo, Andringitra, Ranomafana National Parks
- Linen and bedding in permanent safari camp
- Permits and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Tourist taxes
- From 2020 - flight Toliara/Antananarivo is not included
- International flights and departure taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers if not arriving/ departing on Days 1 & 11
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 82 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 311 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 01 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Unique Madagascar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Unique Madagascar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.