- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Walking tour
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Search for lemurs in the Ranomafana Nature Reserve
- Hike through the spectacular granite rock valleys of Andringitra National Park
- Walk amongst the sandstone rock formations at Isalo Massif
- Visit the wood carving town of Ambositra
Explore the spectacular national parks and unique wildlife of Madagascar. The Island of Madagascar is synonymous with the exotic, if not the quirky. Separated from Africa millions of years ago with the break up of Gondwana, Madagascar has its own unique cargo of endemic plants and animals. Lemurs have occupied most mammal ecological niches of the forests and spectacular chameleons are iconic reptiles. The vegetation varies from arid Spiny Forest in the south to tropical rainforest in the north and east. We explore the spectacular collection of the island's national parks, taking in the full diversity of the land and animals, including the Isalo, Andringitra and Ranomafana National Parks. Our daily wildlife adventures contrast with the comfort of pleasant hotels and tented accommodation, combining the best of local style and French colonial charm.
Day 1 : Antananarivo
Day 2 : Drive to Antsirabe
Day 3 : Antsirabe to Ranomafana
Day 4 : Ranomafana National Park
Day 5 : Drive to Andringitra
Day 6 : Andringitra Tsaranoro
Day 7 : To Isalo
Day 8 : Isalo
Day 9 : Drive to Toliara
Day 10 : Fly from Toliara to Antananarivo
Day 11 : In Antananarivo, trip concludes
- 8 nights in 2 star hotels on a twinshare basis
- 10 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 8 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 11 only)
- English speaking local guide (or driver-guide only for groups of 2-5 people)
- Private vehicle transport throughout
- Local guide in Isalo, Andringitra, Ranomafana National Parks
- Linen and bedding in permanent safari camp
- Permits and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Tourist taxes
- Internal flight Toliara/Antananarivo is NOT included
- International flights and departure taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers if not arriving/ departing on Days 1 & 11
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 65+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Unique Madagascar tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 July 2021, a deposit of 354 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Unique Madagascar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Unique Madagascar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.