- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- Trek in Isalo National Park
- Climb Madagascar's second highest peak Peak Boby
- See lemurs in their natural habitat
- Relax on the beach in the coastal town of Ifaty
This exciting itinerary allows us to experience the incredible diversity of Madagascar, predominantly on foot. We trek in Andringitra National Park, one of the most beautiful and biodiverse parks on the island, and in Isalo National Park with its unique landscape of rock formations, deep canyons, waterfalls and natural swimming pools. We go in search of lemurs in Anja Reserve and visit Ranomafana National Park, walking through spectacular scenery in the hope of spotting endemic lemurs, including dancing sifakas. Throughout the trip, the unique wildlife of this island will enchant and amaze.
Day 1: Start Antananarivo; overnight.
Day 2: Morning city tour; transfer to Ambositra.
Day 3: To Antoetra; full-day trek through hills and rice fields, visiting local
Day 4: Transfer to Ranomafana N.P.
Day 5: Morning visit to Ranomafana N.P.; transfer to Ambalavao in the afternoon.
Day 6: Early transfer to Andringitra N.P. to start the three-day trek to climb Peak
Day 7: Andringitra National Park
Day 8: Andringitra National Park.
Day 9: Visit Anya Reserve to look for Ring-tailed lemurs; to Isalo N.P.
Day 10: The first of two days spent exploring isalo National Park.
Day 11: Continue exploring Isalo National Park.
Day 12: To west coast and beaches; overnight at Ifaty beach.
Day 13: Free time for relaxation or optional activities at Ifaty beach.
Day 14: Fly to Antananarivo and end.
- 9 nights hotels with en suite facilities, 4 nights full-service camping, some basic campsites, all with shared facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- 5 days walking with full porterage
- 3 shorter daywalks
- Altitude maximum 2658m, average 500m
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Antananarivo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trekking in Madagascar tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 111 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 10 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Trekking in Madagascar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trekking in Madagascar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.