- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek in Isalo National ParkClimb Madagascar's second highest peak Peak BobySee lemurs in their natural habitatRelax on the beach in the coastal town of Ifaty
This exciting itinerary allows us to experience the incredible diversity of Madagascar, predominantly on foot. We trek in Andringitra National Park, one of the most beautiful and biodiverse parks on the island, and in Isalo National Park with its unique landscape of rock formations, deep canyons, waterfalls and natural swimming pools. We go in search of lemurs in Anja Reserve and visit Ranomafana National Park, walking through spectacular scenery in the hope of spotting endemic lemurs, including dancing sifakas. Throughout the trip, the unique wildlife of this island will enchant and amaze.
Day 1: Start Antananarivo; overnight.
Day 2: Morning city tour; transfer to Ambositra.
Day 3: To Antoetra; full-day trek through hills and rice fields, visiting local
Day 4: Transfer to Ranomafana N.P.
Day 5: Morning visit to Ranomafana N.P.; transfer to Ambalavao in the afternoon.
Day 6: Early transfer to Andringitra N.P. to start the three-day trek to climb Peak
Day 7: Andringitra National Park
Day 8: Andringitra National Park.
Day 9: Visit Anya Reserve to look for Ring-tailed lemurs; to Isalo N.P.
Day 10: The first of two days spent exploring isalo National Park.
Day 11: Continue exploring Isalo National Park.
Day 12: To west coast and beaches; overnight at Ifaty beach.
Day 13: Free time for relaxation or optional activities at Ifaty beach.
Day 14: Fly to Antananarivo and end.
- 9 nights hotels with en suite facilities, 4 nights full-service camping, some basic campsites, all with shared facilities,All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- 5 days walking with full porterage
- 3 shorter daywalks
- Altitude maximum 2658m, average 500m
- Any international flights to/from Antananarivo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trekking in Madagascar tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 146+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trekking in Madagascar tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trekking in Madagascar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trekking in Madagascar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.