- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- minimum participants 10
- age requirement 16- yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-17311
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Search for Madagascar's unique wildlife from lemurs to chameleons
- Walk through villages and interact with the friendly and hospitable local people.
- Walk through different landscapes: cloud and rain forest, granite hills and high meadows
Verdant rainforests and dramatic landscapes are the setting for this holiday in Madagascar. Get off the beaten track, trekking through lush tropical vegetation, granite hills, highland meadows and surreal sandstone landscapes.
Wildlife - See Madagascar's unique wildlife from lemurs to chameleons
Remote villages - Interact with the friendly and hospitable local people
Imarivolanitra (2658m) - Ascend Madagascar's highest climbable peak
Day 1 : Trip starts in Antananarivo
Day 2 : Bus to Ranomafana National Park.
Day 3 : Hike through the rainforest. Look for lemurs
Day 4 : Wildlife trail and thermal baths at Ranomafana
Day 5 : Drive to Ambalavao. Visit the Anja Community Reserve
Day 6 : Drive into Andringitra National Park. Start four day hike
Day 7 : Wildlife trail. Trek through rainforest and a meadow plateau to higher campsite
Day 8 : Walk to the summit of Imarivolanitra (2,658 m)
Day 9 : Travel to Isalo National Park
Day 10 : Wildlife Trail. Swim in natural pools
Day 11 : Hike out of park. Drive to Ifaty Beach via Zombitse Park
Day 12 : Free day in Ifaty Beach
Day 13 : Fly to Antananarivo
Day 14 : Day walk in the highlands and villages around Antananarivo
Day 15 : Trip ends in Antananarivo
- 14 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Hotel Au Bois Vert (3 nights)
- Manja Hotel (2 nights)
- Ranomafana Campsite (1 night)
- Hotel Bourgainvillia (1 night)
- Imaitso Campsite (1 night)
- Andriampotsy Campsite (1 night)
- Belambo Campsite (1 night)
- Isalo Ranch Hotel (2 nights)
- Hotel Solidaire (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Antananarivo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Madagascar Wilderness Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 105+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Madagascar Wilderness Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 December 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 December 2022, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Madagascar Wilderness Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Madagascar Wilderness Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.