- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Andasibe Reserve Track the Indri lemur and other remarkable wildlife
- Antsirabe Walk along a stunning crater lake in Tritriva.
- Highland Scenery Rice paddies, villages and colourful markets.
- Ranomafana Walk in the rainforest and observe various species of lemurs, chameleons and amphibians.
Travel to The Lost Continent in search of exotic wildlife, contrasting cultures and spectacular scenery. Africa meets Asia, and old meets new in the bustling Malagasy capital of Tana, while lemurs hide in the wild forests of the island's more remote areas. Andasibe Reserve - Track the Indri lemur at sunrise to hear their morning call Highland Scenery - See the rice paddies and isolated villages Ranomafana - Walk in the rainforest and observe various species of lemurs, chameleons and amphibians.
The only think I would possibly change would be to fly back down from Chiang Mai to Bangkok rather than taking the overnight train again.”
Day 1 : Join trip in Antananarivo
Day 2 : Morning drive to Andasibe Reserve; afternoon optional wildlife walks
Day 3 : Morning walk in Mantadia National Park before a free afternoon
Day 4 : Full day drive to colonial Antsirabe in the Central Highlands
Day 5 : Morning walk at Lake Tritiva; afternoon drive to Ambositira and traditional Malagasy meal with local dancing
Day 6 : Full day scenic drive to Ranomafana National Park
Day 7 : Spend the morning exploring Ranomafana National Park on foot in search of lemurs and birdlife
Day 8 : Drive to Isalo National Park (Ranohira)
Day 9 : Explore Isalo National Park 'Madagascar's Grand Canyon'
Day 10 : Drive to Toliara, through the Spiny Desert, stopping at Mahafaly Tombs
Day 11 : Travel by boat to Anakao on the Indian Ocean and relax this afternoon
Day 12 : Free day to relax or take an optional excursion
Day 13 : Return by boat to Toliara before an afternoon flight back to the country's capital 'Tana'
Day 14 : Visit Madagascar's oldest palace, Ambohimanga, and take in the views across the city
Day 15 : Trip ends in Antananarivo
- 14 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Hotel Au Bois Vert (3 nights)
- Feon'ny Ala Bungalows (2 nights)
- Camelia Hotel (1 night)
- Voteta Bungalows (1 night)
- Centrest Sejour Hotel (2 nights)
- Hotel Relais de la Reine (2 nights)
- Victory Hotel (1 night)
- Hotel Safari Vezo (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Antananarivo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Madagascar: The Lost Continent tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 111+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Madagascar: The Lost Continent tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Madagascar: The Lost Continent tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Madagascar: The Lost Continent tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.