- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Witness spectacular flora and fauna in the Indri Special Reserve.
- Spot up to 10 diurnal and nocturnal lemur species.
- Learn traditional rituals from local villagers.
- Visit a local paper factory in Ambalavao.
Experience the stunning landscapes that lemurs call home on this 21-day in-depth tour through Madagascar's best sites and natural settings. At the Indri Special Reserve in Andasibe-Perinet National Park, you can spot rare species like large chameleons, the blue boa, and flowering orchids in October and November. Stop at the Anja Community Reserve, known for its ring-tailed lemurs, before driving through beautiful desert landscapes to reach the beautiful beaches of Ifaty. In between, you'll meet and chat with locals and learn about their artistic traditions and ways of life for a better appreciation of the land you're visiting.
Day 1: Antananarivo
Day 2: Antananarivo/Andasibe
Day 3: Andasibe
Day 4: Andasibe/Antsirabe
Day 5: Antsirabe/Fiadanana
Day 6: Fiadanana/Ranomafana
Day 7: Ranomafana/Ambalavao
Day 8: Ambalavao/Ranohira
Day 9: Ranohira
Day 10: Ranohira/Ifaty
Day 11: Ifaty
Day 12: Ifaty
Day 13: Ifaty/Antananarivo
Day 14: Antananarivo/Antsiranana
Day 15: Amber Mountain National Park
Day 16: Amber Mountain/Ankarana Reserve
Day 17: Ankarana Reserve
Day 18: Ankarana Reserve/Nosy Be
Day 19: Nosy Komba & Nosy Tanikely
Day 20: Nosy Be
Day 21: Nosy Be
- Simple hotels (17 nts), community guesthouse (1 nt, multi-share), huts (2 nts).
8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD495-645 for meals not included.
- Private minibus, walking, plane, boat.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer), driver throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Soa Zara Tree Planting Project, Ranohira
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Local Living Moment: Community Guesthouse and Traditional Dinner, Fiadanana
- Your Discover Moment: Ifaty
- Andasibe Indri Special Reserve guided walk
- Artisan workshop visit
- Traditional healer visit
- Paper factory visits
- Anja Reserve walk
- Isalo National Park visit
- Amber Mountain National Park and Ankarana Reserve visits
- Nosy Komba & Nosy Tanikely boat tour
- Free Time in Nosy Be
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Antananarivo and from Nosy Be are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Madagascar In-Depth tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 157 today.
- Save US$ 105+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Madagascar In-Depth tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Madagascar In-Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Madagascar In-Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.