- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 24 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Wander around 800yearold trees along the Avenue of the Baobabs.
- Cross the Big Tsingy via suspended bridge.
- Float down the meandering Manambolo River on a morning canoe trip.
- Stay in a cottage deep within the Ranomafana National Park, surrounded by lush rainforest and countless species of flora and fauna.
Take an in-depth journey into Madagascar and learn what makes this island nation so incredible. Madagascar's wildlife has developed in isolation for millions of years, and the vast majority is endemic to the island as a result. There are 33 species of lemur and you'll have an opportunity to meet them as you travel the country visiting remote national parks, pristine beaches, winding rivers and towns and cities with a culture all their own.
Tsirbihina River Excursion
Tsiribihina River Excursion
Bekopaka / The Small Tsingy
Bekopaka / The Great Tsingy
Andasibe National Park
Andasibe National Park
Isalo National Park
Antananarivo – Departure Day
- Hotel (14 nights) Lodge (3 nights) Camping (2 nights) Eco-lodge (2 nights) Guesthouse (2 nights)dge (2 nights) Camping (2 nights)
- 21 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Private Vehicles , Boat , Plane , Ferry
- An expert tour leader
- Miandrivazo - Tsiribihina River Trip
- Small Tsingy walking circuit
- Manombolo River canoe ride
- Big Tsingy Trek
- Sunset at Baobab Alley
- Andasibe National Park - Mitsinjo night walk
- Andasibe Nationa Park - Pereyras Private Reserve
- Andasibe National Park - guided walk
- Ambositra - Village Visit
- Ambositra -Manandriana Village Lunch
- Ranomafana National Park - Rainforest walk
- Fianarantsoa - Betsileo: village visit and walk
- Ambalavao - Anja Community Reserve
- Ambalavao - Antemoro Paper Factory visit
- Isalo National Park - guided walk
- Any international flights to/from Antananarivo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Madagascar in Depth tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 172+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Madagascar in Depth tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Madagascar in Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Madagascar in Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- A good level of fitness is required for this trip, there are treks and camping and long journey it is a long trip so we recommend being in good physical condition to get the most out of your trip.
- There are two nights of river camping on this tour. There are no bathroom facilities and it will not be possible to shower for three days, though water is available for washing.
- It takes a while to see all this trip has to offer, and some of the places we visit are remote, so you need to be able to manage long travel days and bumpy roads.
- Some accommodation inside the national parks is basic and may not have the creature comforts of hotels in bigger towns and cities. Be prepared for no wifi or air conditioning, but also for charming, tucked away locations you won’t quite believe are real.
- The visible vertical drop at the Big Tsingy can be quite intimidating especially for those with vertigo.
- This itinerary includes a canoe ride along the Manambolo River.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers