- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Witness a spectacular pink and yellow sunset behind towering, 800yearold trees along the Avenue of the Baobabs in the laidback seaside town of Morondava.
- Travel along the Tsiribihina River in a traditional barge, stopping to hike to hidden waterfalls, explore remote villages and camp among nature on the banks.
- Trek through a forest of limestone karsts and cross a sheer drop on a suspended bridge at the Great Tsingy, keeping an eye out for native wildlife including 11 species of lemur.
- Float down the meandering Manambolo River in a traditional dugout canoe, wind through a deep gorge and past rocky cliffs, soaking up the tranquil atmosphere.
Venture into the far reaches of Madagascar on this 11-day journey that reveals the diverse landscapes of one of the most spellbinding countries on the African continent. From the emerald-green crater lakes of the Antsirabe district, to the golden hues of sunset in the Avenue of the Baobabs, experience Madagascar’s rainbow terrain as you leave behind the bustle of Antananarivo and traverse remote paths and waterways into the wild. Experience life along the Tsiribihina Delta on a two-day cruise, see the legendary tombs of the Vazimba people while exploring caves, float down the Manambolo River in a dugout canoe and feel the suspense as you peer down into the vast canyon of the Great Tsingy.
all in all a great tour.”
Tsirbihina River Excursion
Tsiribihina River Excursion
Bekopaka / The Small Tsingy
Bekopaka / The Great Tsingy
- Hotel (8 nights), Camping (2 nights)
- 10 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Minibus , 4WD , Ferry , Boat
- An expert tour leader
- Miandrivazo - Tsiribihina River Trip
- Small Tsingy walking circuit
- Manombolo River canoe ride
- Big Tsingy Trek
- Sunset at Baobab Alley
- Any international flights to/from Antananarivo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Madagascar Baobabs & Beyond tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 82+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Madagascar Baobabs & Beyond tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Madagascar Baobabs & Beyond tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Madagascar Baobabs & Beyond tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The visible vertical drop at the Great Tsingy is an incredible sight, however it can be quite intimidating especially for those with vertigo. If you have concerns, please discuss these with your leader once the trip commences.
- Some of the best scenery in Madagascar is found on hikes. So, while this trip doesn't require a high level of fitness, it’s essential to be at least moderately fit if you want to partake in all activities.
- This trip includes river cruising on the Tsiribihina River. Camping conditions are basic along the way and there will be no access to bathroom facilities, however this means you have access to more remote parts of the region and the joy of experiencing the elements.
- As this is a remote part of Madagascar there will be some long travel days, but we think the unique and rewarding experiences are worth the distances travelled. Due to the conditions of the roads travel can be slow so a little patience can go a long way.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
What level of fitness do I need for this trip, especially for the long treks? My husband and I are older adults although we both walk an average of 5 kilometers per day and have no health problems.
While this trip doesn't require an extremely high level of fitness, it’s essential to be at least moderately fit if you want to partake in all activities. The tour operator has said that the physical rating for this trip is 3 out of 5, suggesting that moderate physical activities are included and a good level of fitness is required. Please also take note of the following important points about this trip for your health and safety:
- The visible vertical drop at the Great Tsingy is an incredible sight, however, it can be quite intimidating especially for those with vertigo. If you have concerns, please discuss these with your leader once the trip commences.
- This trip includes river cruising on the Tsiribihina River. Camping conditions are basic along the way and there will be no access to bathroom facilities, however, this means you have access to more remote parts of the region and the joy of experiencing the elements.
Do I need a backpack for this trip or is a small suitcase okay?
Regarding the luggage, one small soft-sided bag (small soft suitcase or duffel is ok) plus a simple day pack is essential. We recommend no more than 15-30 kgs maximum per person. We also recommend not bringing hard or externally framed suitcases as they are difficult to store and can damage equipment and other travelers’ belongings. Since your trip is beginning and ending at the same location, excess luggage can be stored at your arrival/departure hotel and can be collected after your trip.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description