- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Walk amongst the pinnacles of the Grands Tsingy of Bemaraha
Madagascar is home to countless endemic species of flora and fauna and has some truly incredible scenery. We visit the primary forest at Andasibe, where we hope to see the rare Indri, Madagascar’s largest lemur, as well as some of Madagascar’s unusual nocturnal wildlife. We also visit thousand-year-old trees at sunset at the famous Alley of Baobabs. A real highlight of the trip is the time spent trekking in the Tsingy of Bemaraha - home to unique wildlife and magnificent scenery.
Day 1: Start Antananarivo; overnight.
Day 2: Morning city tour in Antananarivo; afternoon drive to Andasibe; guided night
Day 3: Morning trek in Andasibe; return to Antananarivo.
Day 4: Fly to Morondava; visit Alley of Baobabs.
Day 5: Drive to Bekopaka, with a visit to Kirindy dry forest reserve.
Day 6: Morning trekking in Grands Tsingy; afternoon return to Bekopaka.
Day 7: 4WD to Morondava; sunset at 'Alley of Baobabs'.
Day 8: Drive to Antsirabe.
Day 9: Drive to Ranomafana.
Day 10: Morning visit Ranomafana N.P.; afternoon visit Ranomafana village.
Day 11: Drive to Ranohira, visiting Anja N.P. en route.
Day 12: Full day trek in Isalo N.P.
Day 13: To west coast and beaches; overnight in Ifaty beach.
Day 14: Free time for relaxation or optional activities at Ifaty beach.
Day 15: Fly to Antananarivo and end.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader/support staff throughout
- Any international flights to/from Antananarivo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Madagascan Discoverer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 177+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Madagascan Discoverer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 February 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 February 2022, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Madagascan Discoverer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Madagascan Discoverer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.