- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Walk amongst the pinnacles of the Grands Tsingy of Bemaraha
- The chance to see lemurs in their natural habitat
- Sunset visit to the 'Alley of Baobabs'
- Isalo National Park, with its amazing rock formations, spectacular canyons and natural swimming holes
Madagascar is home to countless endemic species of flora and fauna and has some truly incredible scenery. We visit the primary forest at Andasibe, where we hope to see the rare Indri, Madagascar’s largest lemur, as well as some of Madagascar’s unusual nocturnal wildlife. We also visit thousand-year-old trees at sunset at the famous Alley of Baobabs. A real highlight of the trip is the time spent trekking in the Tsingy of Bemaraha - home to unique wildlife and magnificent scenery.
Day 1: Start Antananarivo; overnight.
Day 2: Morning city tour in Antananarivo; afternoon drive to Andasibe; guided night
Day 3: Morning trek in Andasibe; return to Antananarivo.
Day 4: Fly to Morondava; visit Alley of Baobabs.
Day 5: Drive to Bekopaka, with a visit to Kirindy dry forest reserve.
Day 6: Morning trekking in Grands Tsingy; afternoon return to Bekopaka.
Day 7: 4WD to Morondava; sunset at 'Alley of Baobabs'.
Day 8: Drive to Antsirabe.
Day 9: Drive to Ranomafana.
Day 10: Morning visit Ranomafana N.P.; afternoon visit Ranomafana village.
Day 11: Drive to Ranohira, visiting Anja N.P. en route.
Day 12: Full day trek in Isalo N.P.
Day 13: To west coast and beaches; overnight in Ifaty beach.
Day 14: Free time for relaxation or optional activities at Ifaty beach.
Day 15: Fly to Antananarivo and end.
- 14 nights standard hotels, all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- Travel by private bus, 4WD and internal flights
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Some long drives on poor roads
- Tour leader/support staff throughout
- Any international flights to/from Antananarivo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Madagascan Discoverer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 160+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Madagascan Discoverer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 03 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 03 February 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Madagascan Discoverer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Madagascan Discoverer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.