- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The chance to see lemurs in their natural habitat
- Incredible wildlife in the Andasibe Nature Reserve and in Ranamofana National Park
- Isalo National Park, with its amazing rock formations, spectacular canyons and natural swimming holes
- Striking spiny forest in Tsimanampetsotsa National Park
Madagascar is a paradise for wildlife lovers, and much of its animal life cannot be found anywhere else in the world. The chief attraction is the lemurs. Undeniably one of the most delightful and cute creatures, there are over 70 species spread throughout the country. In Andasibe, we hope to see the rare Indri, the largest lemur, while in the cloud forest of Ranomafana National Park, we hope to see the rare Golden bamboo and Greater bamboo lemurs. Go in search of Ring-tailed lemurs in Anja Reserve and have a final day in search of wildlife in Tsimanampetsotsa National Park.
Day 1: Start Antananarivo.
Day 2: Drive to Andasibe.
Day 3: Morning trek in Andasibe National Park and and afternoon visit to
Vondron’olona Miaro Mitia Ala Reserve.
Day 4: Return to Antananarivo; continue to Antsirabe.
Day 5: To Ranomafana.
Day 6: Full day in Ranomafana N.P.
Day 7: Drive to Ranohira, visiting Anja N.P. en route.
Day 8: Full-day trek in Isalo N.P. visiting Monkey Canyon and the natural swimming
Day 9: To Tulear, visiting Zombitse N.P. en route.
Day 10: Boat transfer to Anakao; free day for optional activities.
Day 11: Full day in Tsimanampetsotsa N.P.
Day 12: Excursion to Nosy Ve to see Red-tailed tropic birds nesting on this small
Day 13: Fly to Antananarivo.
Day 14: City tour; visit to Ambohimanga and end.
- 10 nights standard and 3 simple hotels, all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- Travel by private bus and internal flight
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Some long drives on poor roads
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Antananarivo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Madagascar tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 121+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Madagascar tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 345 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 06 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Madagascar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Madagascar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.