Highlights of Madagascar
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- duration 14 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-40141
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Starts/Ends Antananarivo, Madagascar
- The chance to see lemurs in their natural habitat
- Incredible wildlife in the Andasibe Nature Reserve and in Ranamofana National Park
- Isalo National Park, with its amazing rock formations, spectacular canyons and natural swimming holes
- Striking spiny forest in Tsimanampetsotsa National Park
- Relax on the beach in the coastal town of Anakao
Madagascar is a paradise for wildlife lovers, and much of its animal life cannot be found anywhere else in the world. The chief attraction is the lemurs. Undeniably one of the most delightful and cute creatures, there are over 70 species spread throughout the country. In Andasibe, we hope to see the rare Indri, the largest lemur, while in the cloud forest of Ranomafana National Park, we hope to see the rare Golden bamboo and Greater bamboo lemurs. Go in search of Ring-tailed lemurs in Anja Reserve and have a final day in search of wildlife in Tsimanampetsotsa National Park.
Day 1: Start Antananarivo.
Day 2: Antananarivo city tour; drive to Andasibe.
Day 3: Morning trek in Andasibe National Park and afternoon visit to Vondron’olona Miaro Mitia Ala Reserve.
Day 4: Return to Antananarivo; continue to Antsirabe.
Day 5: To Ranomafana.
Day 6: Full day in Ranomafana N.P.
Day 7: Drive to Ranohira, visiting Anja N.P. en route.
Day 8: Full-day trek in Isalo N.P. visiting Monkey Canyon and the natural swimming pools.
Day 9: To Tulear, visiting Zombitse N.P. en route.
Day 10: Boat transfer to Anakao; free day for optional activities.
Day 11: Full day in Tsimanampetsotsa N.P.
Day 12: Excursion to Nosy Ve to see Red-tailed tropic birds nesting on this small island.
Day 13: Fly to Antananarivo.
Day 14: Visit to Ambohimanga; end Antananarivo.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 157+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Madagascar tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 June 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 June 2023, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Madagascar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Madagascar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.