- Bicycle tour
- duration 13 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Lush agricultural land of the north with paddy fields and fruit orchards
Madagascar, the fourth largest island in the world, offers a cycling adventure like no other. We journey on largely quiet roads through a landscape of dramatic highland plains, unique rock formations and natural swimming pools. We pause to visit the lush chain of rainforest in the Ranomafana National Park with deep canyons and huge waterfalls. Apart from its natural treasures the nation is also rich in culture and the many ethnic groups with fascinating traditions contribute to the melting-pot that is Madagascar. Our cycling is rewarded by a day to relax on the idyllic white sand beach of Ifaty on the coast, scattered with palms and protected by an offshore coral reef.
Day 1: Start Antananarivo.
Day 2: Transfer to Lemur park; continue along wide open roads, cycling the best
sections, to Ampefy.
Day 3: Ride to dramatic geysers of Analavory; to waterfalls of Lily river.
Day 4: A long day cycling through traditional towns and villages; overnight
Day 5: Ride to Ambositra, famous for its craft and woodwork.
Day 6: To Ranomafana; thrilling descent through ravine canyon and rainforest.
Day 7: Full day to explore the national park by foot; natural thermal baths and
Day 8: Cycle to cottage industries en route to the red-dust roads of Ambalavaro.
Day 9: Continue through the hills and rock formations towards Horombe plateau.
Day 10: Full day trekking in Isalo N.P.; explore canyons and cool off in natural
Day 11: Cycle through bushland and thick forests; transfer to Ifaty beach on coast.
Day 12: Day of leisure on tranquil Ifaty beach overlooking a vast turquoise lagoon.
Day 13: Transfer to Tulear for flight back to Antananarivo and end.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader/support staff throughout
- Any international flights to/from Antananarivo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Madagascar tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 163+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Madagascar tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 March 2022, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Madagascar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Madagascar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.