- Bicycle tour
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Lush agricultural land of the north with paddy fields and fruit orchardsAmbositra, the arts and crafts capital of MadagascarIsalo National Park, with its amazing rock formations, and natural swimming holesDense rainforest and cascading falls of Ranomafana National ParkWhite sand beaches of the fisherman’s village of IfatyCycling through vilages
Madagascar, the fourth largest island in the world, offers a cycling adventure like no other. We journey on largely quiet roads through a landscape of dramatic highland plains, unique rock formations and natural swimming pools. We pause to visit the lush chain of rainforest in the Ranomafana National Park with deep canyons and huge waterfalls. Apart from its natural treasures the nation is also rich in culture and the many ethnic groups with fascinating traditions contribute to the melting-pot that is Madagascar. Our cycling is rewarded by a day to relax on the idyllic white sand beach of Ifaty on the coast, scattered with palms and protected by an offshore coral reef.
Day 1: Start Antananarivo.
Day 2: Transfer to Lemur park; continue along wide open roads, cycling the best
sections, to Ampefy.
Day 3: Ride to dramatic geysers of Analavory; to waterfalls of Lily river.
Day 4: A long day cycling through traditional towns and villages; overnight
Day 5: Ride to Ambositra, famous for its craft and woodwork.
Day 6: To Ranomafana; thrilling descent through ravine canyon and rainforest.
Day 7: Full day to explore the national park by foot; natural thermal baths and
Day 8: Cycle to cottage industries en route to the red-dust roads of Ambalavaro.
Day 9: Continue through the hills and rock formations towards Horombe plateau.
Day 10: Full day trekking in Isalo N.P.; explore canyons and cool off in natural
Day 11: Cycle through bushland and thick forests; transfer to Ifaty beach on coast.
Day 12: Day of leisure on tranquil Ifaty beach overlooking a vast turquoise lagoon.
Day 13: Transfer to Tulear for flight back to Antananarivo and end.
- 11 nights standard and 1 night comfortable hotels,All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- 8 days cycling with 100% vehicle support
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader/support staff throughout
- Mostly surfaced roads, a few rough sections
- Any international flights to/from Antananarivo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Madagascar tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 163+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Madagascar tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Madagascar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Madagascar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.