- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Highland Scenery Rice paddies, villages and colourful markets
- Ranomafana Walk in the rainforest and observe various species of lemurs, chameleons, amphibians and countless species of birds
- Isalo National Park Explore the 'Grand Canyon' of Madagascar and meet troops of Ringtailed lemurs
- Villages and people Meet friendly and hospitable local people
A cycle adventure across the highland plains, through verdant rainforests and tea plantations to the inviting waters of the Indian Ocean. We cycle the most rewarding sections on largely quiet roads and explore Ranomafana and Isalo National Parks on foot, hoping to see the fascinating wildlife from lemurs to chameleons. Cycle Madagascar - Dramatic and varied scenery from highlands to the golden beaches of Ifaty Villages and people - Meet friendly and hospitable locals in villages and colourful markets Isalo and Ranomafana National Parks - Explore the 'Grand Canyon' of Madagascar and walk in the rainforest
Day 1 : Join tour Antananarivo
Day 2 : Drive to colonial Antsirabe. Afternoon warm up ride
Day 3 : Cycle to Ambositra. Artesan wood carving demonstration
Day 4 : Cycle to Ranomafana National Park
Day 5 : Rainforest trek in Ranomafana National Park, searching for lemurs and birdlife
Day 6 : Picturesque cycling amid tea plantations to Sahambavy; visit tea factory
Day 7 : Cycle to Ambalavao via Fianarantsoa; visit photo studio and artisan paper manufacturer
Day 8 : Cycle to Anja Reserve conservation project, home to ring-tailed lemurs
Day 9 : Isalo National Park on foot, admire Madagascar's 'Grand Canyon'
Day 10 : Cycle to sapphire mining Ilakaka. Drive to coastal resort Ifaty. Baobabs
Day 11 : Free time by the inviting turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
Day 12 : Fly back to 'Tana
Day 13 : Highlands and villages walk
Day 14 : Tour ends Antananarivo
- 13 nights comfortable hotel
- 13 Breakfast, 5 Lunch
- Bus, Bicycle
- Explore Tour Leader / Cycle guide, Driver(s)
- Any international flights to/from Antananarivo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Madagascar tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 163 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 108 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 310 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 16 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycle Madagascar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Madagascar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.