- duration 15 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
Separated from the Southeastern coast of Africa, Madagascar’s isolation only adds to its appeal as a tour destination. It’s seclusion is the reason for the rare plants and animals who live here, many of which are found nowhere else in the world. Keep an eye peeled for the famed ring-tailed lemur as we explore the lush tropical rainforest on the Eastern side of the isle. And look out for other curious creatures along your trip: tomato frogs, dwarf chameleons, and hedgehog-like tenrecs – all unique to the country and so prolific that sightings are sure to happen.
Ascend the ancient stone steps of Antananarivo, the country’s capital. Mingle with the friendly Malagasy people to experience their culture and how they live off the land. Refresh your hard-working muscles in the natural pools and waterfalls we pause at to rest. And ride the wide-open savannah, punctuated by otherworldly rock formations.
The wilds of Madagascar offer an exciting combination of terrain for the adventurous cyclist and hiker to tackle. From the mix of tarmac and hard-packed dirt roads, the uphill climbs (notably, to the glassy Lake Tritriva atop the mountain of the same name), to the vast downhill trail across the Horombe Plateau. Madagascar is an island of unparalleled landscapes, and this adventure treks it all.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Mountain Bike US$ 250
- Any international flights to Antananarivo and from Toliara are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Bike and Hike Wild Madagascar tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with SpiceRoads. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 185 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 123 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 1055 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 01 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Bike and Hike Wild Madagascar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bike and Hike Wild Madagascar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information Minimum Participants The minimum number of Participant for this trip is 2