- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Walking tour
- Bicycle tour
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle the unparalleled landscapes of Madagascar
- Search for lemurs in Ranomafana Nature Reserve
- Trek amongst the granite peaks and valleys of Andringitra National Park
- Hike the colourful sandstone canyons and swim in natural pools in Isalo National Park
An active journey through beautiful Madagascar by bike and on foot. Madagascar is an island of unparalleled landscapes vastly different from mainland Africa, and this multi-activity tour consisting of 519 km of riding and up to 50 km of hiking offers an exciting combination of terrain for the adventurous cyclist and hiker to tackle. Starting from the capital of Antananarivo, we ride the wilds of Madagascar across wide-open savannah, punctuated by otherworldly rock formations. With a variety of road conditions from tarmac and hard-packed dirt roads to off-road trails, we will experience steep uphill climbs past terraced rice paddies and vast downhill descents across the highlands. Mingle with the friendly Malagasy people to experience their culture and how they live off the land, and search for lemurs in the lush tropical rainforest of Ranomafana. Reward your efforts and refresh your hard-working muscles in the natural pools and waterfalls we pause at to rest. This trip is recommended for confident and physically fit riders looking for a challenging experience with a variety of off-road activities.
Day 1 : Join Antananarivo
Day 2 : Arrive Antsirabe, commence cycling (20km)
Day 3 : Cycle to the crater lakes of Andraikiba and Tritriva (54km)
Day 4 : Cycle to Ambositra (95km)
Day 5 : Cycle to Ranomafana National Park (65km)
Day 6 : Ranomafana forest hike (4-6 hrs; 10-12 kms walking)
Day 7 : Cycle to Sahambavy (53km)
Day 8 : Cycle to Ambalavao (56km)
Day 9 : Cycle to Andringitra National Park (59km)
Day 10 : Andringitra Massif hike (4-6 hrs; 14 kms walking)
Day 11 : Cycle Ankaramena to Ranohira (75km)
Day 12 : Cycle to Isalo National Park, day hike in Isalo (4-6 hrs; 15 kms walking)
Day 13 : Cycle to Ilakaka (32km), transfer to Toliara
Day 14 : At leisure in Toliara
Day 15 : In Toliara, trip concludes
- 12 nights in comfortable hotels on a twinshare basis
- 14 breakfasts, 13 lunches and 14 dinners
- Support vehicle
- Expert bilingual guide
- Linen and bedding in permanent safari camp (2 nights)
- Medical kit
- Basic spares and tools
- Option to rent bikes if not bringing your own (limited availability)
- Snacks and water while cycling
- Entrance fees and sightseeing as listed in itinerary
- mountain bike hire
- cycling helmet (compulsory - please bring your own)
- international flights, domestic flights and airport taxes
- airport transfers
- items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, beverages, tips etc
- meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- tips and gratuities
- visa costs
- travel insurance
- entrance fees for sightseeing not mentioned in the itinerary
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 140+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bike and Hike Madagascar tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 June 2021, a deposit of 348 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bike and Hike Madagascar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bike and Hike Madagascar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.