- Active and outdoor
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience the rugged beauty of Denali National Park, home to the tallest peak in North America and starring some of the most scenic photo ops you’ll find anywhere.
- Walk atop the ice of the largest caraccessible glacier in Alaska, the Matanuska, on an educational tour led by a local glacier expert and with all technical gear provided.
- Tackle an outandback scenic hike into the Alaskan wilderness along the Curry Ridge Trail and keep your eyes peeled for a diverse array of wildlife living among the tundra.
- Spend a day exploring the wilds of Alaska at your own pace, with a selfguided hike along a wellmarked and wellmonitored trail from the Eielson Visitor Center.
Fall in love with the untamed beauty of Alaska on a 6-day walking tour that loops you inland from coastal Anchorage to the spectacular Denali National Park, where the tallest mountain on the continent reaches high into the sky. Hike tundra trails that weave through wildflowers and maybe even spot some wildlife living among the landscape. Walk across a massive glacier of ancient ice and choose your own hiking adventure with a self-guided day at the Eielson Visitor Center. By the end of your tour you’ll understand why, in the indigenous Aleut language, Alaska means “The Great Land.”
Denali National Park – Curry Ridge
Denali National Park – Eielson
- Hotel (5 nights)
- 5 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Matanuska - Glacier guided walking tour
- Talkeetna Mountains guided hike
- Curry Ridge out-and-back scenic hike
- Eielson Bus ticket & Visitor Center
- Self-guided walk out of Eielson Visitor Center
- Thunderbird Falls visit
- Any international flights to/from Anchorage are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walk Denali National Park tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 123 today.
- Earn US$ 81+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walk Denali National Park tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walk Denali National Park tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walk Denali National Park tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is a walking trip. Please carefully read descriptions of all walks. A good level of fitness is desirable to fully enjoy all included hikes.
- Be sure to bring appropriate gear: good walking boots, rain gear, warm clothing and sun protection for glacier hikes, including sunglasses.
- This trip starts on Day 1 at 10 am in Anchorage and travels to the Matanuska Glacier immediately after the welcome meeting. If you are at risk of being late, please consider arriving a day earlier and staying in Anchorage before the tour begins.
- On Day 4 you will have an opportunity to board the Eielson bus to reach a park visitor centre from which many self-guided trails commence. These are well-marked and popular for individual trekkers. Please note a guide will not be trekking with you on this day.
- This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions