- Active and outdoor
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Enjoy some of Alaska's most scenic and iconic hikes, with views of Prince William Sound, snowcapped mountains and glaciers as you explore the Kenai Peninsula and Kenai Fjords National Park.
- Let an expert guide take you on all included treks, with local knowledge and years of experience that will give you real insight into Alaskan life and nature.
- Walk on the expansive Harding Icefield, one of 4 major icecaps in the US and believed to be a remnant of the Pleistocene ice masses that once covered half of Alaska.
- Spend a free day exploring the small city of Homer at your own pace, with options for halibut fishing, bear viewing or just relaxing in this place that’s famously known as “the end of the road.”
Pack your best hiking shoes for an adventurous walking trip that loops from Anchorage and takes in all the highlights of Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula. On this 7-day tour, you’ll explore the mountainous trails of the Kenai Fjords and Chugach national parks, stand atop the ancient Harding Icefield and maybe even spot some marine wildlife in the cold coastal waters. With transportation between trails and leisurely stops in the laidback fishing town of Seward and the artsy town of Homer, you’ll have plenty of time to relax and refresh – or keep moving with one of the many optional add-on activities to choose from.
Anchorage to Seward
Caines Head and Tonsina Point
Seward to Homer
Chugach State Park
- Hotel (6 nights)
- 6 Breakfasts
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Portage Pass hike
- Harding Icefield full day guided hike
- Caines Head and Tonsina Point coastal hikes
- Chugach State Flattop Mountain hike
- Any international flights to/from Anchorage are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walk Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walk Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walk Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walk Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is a walking trip. Please carefully read description of all walks. A good level of fitness is desirable to fully enjoy all included hikes. Be sure to bring appropriate gear: good walking boots, rain gear and warm clothing.
- This trip starts on Day 1 at 10 am in Anchorage and travels to Seward after the welcome meeting. If you are at risk of being late, please consider arriving a day earlier and staying in Anchorage before the tour begins.
- Just as a heads up before you book: this trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions