- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Stroll the twisting streets of Volendam, and soak up the fishing village atmosphere
- Learn how Dutch cheese is made and watch traditional craftsmen at work
- Enjoy a 1hour canal cruise and see all the highlights of Amsterstam
Begin your day with a pickup from one of our pick-up points in central Amsterdam with a 20-minute drive to the windmill village of Zaanse Schans. This outdoor conservation area is situated on the banks of the Zaan River and is home to traditional 18th and 19th-century architecture, including several functioning windmills.
Watch live demonstrations of craftsmen at work, including a clog maker crafting the famous wooden shoes of the Netherlands. There will be some free time to explore the village on your own, before travelling through the distinctive polders (land reclaimed from the water) of the Beemster area.
From there, continue on to Edam, also commonly referred to as the pearl of the Zuiderzee. Edam's ancient streets and tranquil canals are lined by beautiful 17th-century buildings, including the leaning Carillon tower, the Great Church, and town hall. Most famous in Edam is the public weighing house, where every Wednesday in summer the famous Edam cheese is sold. After a stroll around this history-rich town, you'll have the opportunity to see how Edam's world-famous cheese is made and, of course, to taste it at a nearby cheese farm.
Finally, stop in the beautiful seaside village of Volendam. This typical fishing village with its bustling harbour has been a major tourist attraction as early as 1875. People come from all over to see the small buildings and houses and take in the locals in their traditional Dutch clothing. This is a great place to pick up souvenirs for those at home or as a memento for yourself, and to have photos taken in traditional Dutch costume. Your guide will take you on a short walk through the oldest parts of the city, exploring a labyrinth of twists and turns to sites such as St. Vincent's Church, the wooden Stolphoevekerk and the Visafslag (fish auction).
Once back in Amsterdam, your guide will give you your ticket for a 100 Highlights Cruise of Stromma Netherlands. The cruise passes all of Amsterdam's famous attractions including canal houses from the Golden Age, the Westerkerk and the Anne Frank. Sightseeing in Amsterdam couldn't be a more relaxing experience.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach and live commentary on board
- 100 Highlights Cruise in Amsterdam of Stromma Netherlands
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationIMPORTANT TO KNOW Confirmation will be received at time of booking Tour includes 2 walking tours. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. People with walking problems are not advised to take this tour. Please note: Return Location of this tour is THIS IS HOLLAND, opposite central station. Amsterdam. (No dropoff at the Heineken Experience) Tour may be operated by multilingual guide Infants must sit on laps