- duration 10 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 2+ years old
- max group size 20
See everything from tulips to windmills on this journey during the season of rebirth.
From the canals of Amsterdam to the belfry of Bruges, you’ll discover the best of the Netherlands and Belgium. Stroll through colorful acres of tulips at Keukenhof Gardens to get a sense of the Netherlands’ extraordinary connection to these blooms. Then visit the 19 UNESCO-designated windmills of Kinderdijk to better understand how these mighty structures have been used to protect the Low Country from ever-rising water levels for hundreds of years.
Enjoy an exclusive “Morning with the Masters” visit to the Hermitage Amsterdam, the museum that is home of the sensational “Portrait Gallery of the Golden Age” exhibition. You’ll have the chance to see thirty massive 17th-century group portraits from impressive collections normally on display at the Amsterdam Museum and the Rijksmuseum–all under the same roof for the very first time. The thirty life-size portraits depict the lives of Dutch citizens in their respective cities. These “brothers and sisters” of the Night Watch are extremely unique and rarely seen due to their large size. Together, the portraits illustrate the collective citizenship that is typical of The Netherlands. Would you like to know why the Dutch attach so much importance to freedom and equality? Your answer hangs on the walls—in life-size form—at the Hermitage Amsterdam.
Wander through the picture-perfect villages of Veere, Hoorn and Enkhuizen, and the enchanting outdoor Zuiderzee Museum. Take in the dazzling skyline of Rotterdam as you cruise through the bustling harbor and drift along the canals of Bruges. All along the way, you’ll savor Dutch delights and Belgian treats as you sail the aquatic highways and byways of two amazing countries shaped by water.
Who will enjoy this cruise? Those who wish to step back in time may visit historic villages and medieval city centers. Art lovers will enjoy guided museum visits, while garden lovers will find a host of wonders with springtime blossoms.
Day 1: Amsterdam (Embark)
Day 2: Amsterdam
Day 3: Haarlem
Day 4: Enkhuizen, Hoorn
Day 5: Nijmegen
Day 6: Rotterdam (Kinderdijk), Dordrecht
Day 7: Veere
Day 8: Ghent (Bruges)
Day 9: Antwerp
Day 10: Antwerp (Disembark)
- 9-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the imperial River Duchess or stunning River Princess
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 9 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 9 dinners
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 8 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Do as the Locals Do” and "Let's Go" programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- 2 countries: Belgium, the Netherlands
- 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture
- Any international flights to Amsterdam and from Antwerp are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tulips & Windmills (2023) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 154+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tulips & Windmills (2023) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 121 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 120 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 October 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 120 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tulips & Windmills (2023) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tulips & Windmills (2023) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.