- Walking tour
- duration 2 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Listen to the story about her worldfamous diary
- Discover the south of Amsterdam with an expert guide
Because of many movies, theatre plays and books, the part of her life in hiding is very well known. Less known is her life as a young kid that moved from Germany to Amsterdam. Her father feared Nazi Germany and took his family to Amsterdam, where he hoped they would be safe from Hitler. They arrived in 1934 and settled in a house on the square Merwedeplein. Anne Frank spent happy moments at this square and its surroundings.
During this walking tour we take you back the places that were important to Anne Frank in her childhood. See where she went to school and the shop where she bought het famous diary. Explore the area where she played outside and discover the house where Miep Gies lived for many years. Miep Gies is the woman that handed the diary over to Otto Frank after the war. She had saved a number of the family’s personal belongings after the Germans raided the house.
Otto Frank was reluctant to publish the diary, but when he read in the diary that it was his daughter’s wish to have it published, he allowed the book to become public in June 1947.
The tour takes place in the south of Amsterdam, where you will have the opportunity to become acquainted with an area of the city that you would otherwise likely not see. This area was constructed in the 1920-30ties and was based on revolutionary ideas of city planning, architecture and social housing.
- Cup of coffee or tea
- Professional guide
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Ticket for the Anne Frank House
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationThis walking tour tells you the story about Anne Frank before the hiding. During this walking tour we take you back to the places that were important to Anne Frank in her childhood. This tour won't take you to the Anne Frank House.