- duration 16 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Leh Explore Hemis, Tikse and Tak Tak monasteries
- Alchi Stay in a picturesque village near mighty Indus river with day walks to local villages and monasteries
- Manali Colourful town situated in a beautiful valley
- Dharamsala Visit the home of Tibet's exiled religious leader, the Dalai Lama
Starting from golden Amritsar we travel through scenic mountain landscapes of Northern India to reach the Buddhist enclave of Ladakh. On route we travel through high mountain passes, discover ancient Tibetan-Buddhist monasteries and on some departures take in special festivals. Amritsar - Soak up the incredible atmosphere at the Sikh's holiest shrine, the Golden Temple Leh and Dharamsala - Learn all about Tibetan Buddhism as we visit several monasteries as well as visiting the home of the Dalai Lama Western Himalayas- Journey through some of the highest mountain passes in the world such as Tanglang La
Day 1 : Join tour in Amritsar, afternoon visit to the Golden Temple
Day 2 : Travel to Dharamsala, home of the Dalai Lama
Day 3 : A free day to explore Dharamsala's temples
Day 4 : Drive to Mandi and visit the Tilonath Temple
Day 5 : Visit Nagar Castle en route to Manali
Day 6 : Take a walk through villages to aid acclimatisation
Day 7 : Cross the Rohtang La Pass (3977m) and visit the Khardang Monastery
Day 8 : Drive to Jespa
Day 9 : Drive to Sarchu via the Baralacha La Pass (4891m)
Day 10 : Experience the Gata Loops on the road to Leh
Day 11 : Visit the monasteries at Thiksey, Tak Tak and Hemis
Day 12 : A chance to raft on the Indus River on the way to Alchi
Day 13 : Explore Saspol Caves and Rizong Monastery
Day 14 : Take a walk to Likir Gompa before returning to Leh
Day 15 : Fly to Delhi and explore the city
Day 16 : Tour ends Delhi
- 15 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 6 Dinner
- 12 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple camping
- 2 nights simple guesthouse
- Bus, 4WD, Flight
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Amritsar and from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Little Tibet tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 111 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 73 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 210 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 09 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Little Tibet tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Little Tibet tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.