- duration 21 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- Amritsar Experience the captivating atmosphere of the Golden Temple, the sacred heart of the Sikh faith
- India Pakistan border Join in with the noisy crowds at the spectacular daily border closing ceremony
- Delhi Take in the grandeur of the city's Moghul and Colonial past
- Agra Watch the sunrise over the beautiful Taj Mahal
Taking to the tracks of India's extensive railway system, we travel from the the Northern Sikh city of Amritsar to Kerala's beautiful backwaters. Along the way we discover Mughal treasures, search for Bengal tigers, relax on tropical beaches and wander through jungle-lined foothills. India in depth- Cover a vast amount of India's must see destinations including Amritsar, Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Mumbai, Goa and Kochi Rail journeys- Cover vast parts of the country by rail and interact with locals as you watch the scenery go by Golden Triangle- Watch the sunrise at the Taj Mahal, explore both Old and New Delhi and see the Pink City of Jaipur
Day 1 : Join trip in Amritsar
Day 2 : Visit Amritsar's Golden Temple; take a sleeper train to Delhi
Day 3 : Take a rickshaw to explore Old Delhi's narrow alleys
Day 4 : Discover Humayun's Tomb before driving to Agra
Day 5 : Watch the sun rise over the Taj Mahal
Day 6 : Explore the deserted city of Fatehpur Sikri en route to Jaipur
Day 7 : Visit Jaipur's Amber Fort and City Palace Museum
Day 8 : Free morning in Jaipur before taking a sleeper train to Mumbai
Day 9 : See Mumbai's laundry at the municipal dhobi ghats
Day 10 : Spend a day on the train travelling through the Western Ghats to Goa
Day 11 : Experience Goa's history on a walking tour through Panjim City
Day 12 : Learn about spice growing. Take a sleeper train to Bangalore
Day 13 : Arrive in Bangalore and transfer to nearby Mysore
Day 14 : Discover Mysore's ornate Grand Palace
Day 15 : Transfer to Bandipur National Park
Day 16 : Take two game drives to view Bandipur's wildlife
Day 17 : Drive to the old British hill station at Ooty
Day 18 : Travel on the Toy Train to Coonoor. Transfer to Kochi
Day 19 : Explore Fort Kochi and Kochi's Dutch heritage
Day 20 : Board a houseboat to explore Kerala's backwaters
Day 21 : Trip ends in Kochi (Cochin)
- 11 nights comfortable hotel
- 3 nights simple overnight train
- 6 nights premium hotel
- 20 Breakfast, 2 Lunch
- Bus, Boat, Rickshaw, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Amritsar and from Cochin are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Indian Rail Odyssey tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 99 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Indian Rail Odyssey tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 283 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 23 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Indian Rail Odyssey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Indian Rail Odyssey tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.