- Rickshaw, cycle or local transport tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Culture shows and excursions
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Leh Explore Hemis, Tikse and Tak Tak monasteries
- Alchi Stay in picturesque village near mighty Indus river with day walks to local villages and monasteries
- Manali Colourful town situated in a beautiful valley
- Dharamsala Visit the home of Tibet's exiled religious leader, the Dalai Lama
Starting from golden Amritsar we travel through scenic mountain landscapes of Northern India to reach the Buddhist enclave of Ladakh. On route we travel through high mountain passes, discover ancient Tibetan-Buddhist monasteries and on some departures take in special festivals. Amritsar - Soak up the incredible atmosphere at the Sikh's holiest shrine, the Golden Temple Leh and Dharamsala - Learn all about Tibetan Buddhism as we visit several monasteries as well as visiting the home of the Dalai Lama Western Himalayas- Journey through some of the highest mountain passes in the world such as Tanglang La
Day 1 : Join trip in Amritsar
Day 2 : Travel to Dharamsala, home of the Dalai Lama
Day 3 : A free day to explore Dharamsala's temples
Day 4 : Drive to Mandi and visit the Tilonath Temple
Day 5 : Visit Nagar Castle en route to Manali
Day 6 : Take a walk through villages to aid acclimatisation
Day 7 : Cross the Rohtang La Pass (3977m) and visit the Khardang Monastery
Day 8 : Drive to Jespa
Day 9 : Drive to Sarchu via the Baralacha La Pass (4891m)
Day 10 : Experience the Gata Loops on the road to Leh
Day 11 : Spend a day watching the masked dances of the Hemis Festival
Day 12 : Visit the monasteries at Thiksey and Tak Tak
Day 13 : A chance to raft on the Indus River on the way to Alchi
Day 14 : Explore Saspol Caves and Rizong Monastery
Day 15 : Take a walk to Likir Gompa before returning to Leh
Day 16 : Fly to Delhi and explore the city
Day 17 : Trip ends Delhi
- 16 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 6 Dinners
- Treebo Dee Intercontinental (1 night)
- Hotel Shiva Sanctuary (2 nights)
- Hotel Munish Resorts (1 night)
- Hotel Utopia (2 nights)
- Hotel Tashi Delek (1 night)
- Hotel Ibex - Jespa (1 night)
- Sarchu Fixed Camp (1 night)
- Himalayan Heritage Hotel (4 nights)
- Hotel Zimskang (2 nights)
- EVOKE Lifestyle Delhi Hotel (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Amritsar and from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover India's Little Tibet tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 96+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover India's Little Tibet tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover India's Little Tibet tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover India's Little Tibet tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.