- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- The Golden Temple at Amritsar
- McLeod Ganj, home to the Dalai Lama
- Cycle across the Jalori Pass (3223m)
- The former colonial hill station of Shimla
A superb ride taking us through a huge variety of scenery and the endless variety of India - the incomparable Golden Temple of the Sikhs at Amritsar, the home of the Dalai Lama at McLeod Ganj, the fascinating Hindu temple town of Mandi and the magnificent former capital of British India at Shimla. In between are quiet country roads, frequent superb views of the Himalaya glinting in the distance and the satisfaction of reaching the highpoint of the Jalori Pass.
Day 1: Start Amritsar.
Day 2: Visit Golden Temple; transfer to Pragpur.
Day 3: Cycle to Kangra through traditional villages and scenic valleys; optional
visit to Kangra Fort.
Day 4: A long steady uphill climb to McLeod Ganj (2000m); late afternoon
Day 5: To Andretta (1100m) via Norblingka Institute on the undulating back roads
below the Dhaula Dhar range.
Day 6: Continue towards Jogindernagar via Baijnath Temple.
Day 7: Cycle to the historic temple town of Mandi; time to explore the town and old
Day 8: An easier day cycling along the Beas River to Larji in the lower part of the
Day 9: A challenging day cycling through traditional remote villages to Shoja
Day 10: Climb to the Jalori Pass (3223m) for fantastic views across the Pir Pinjal
and the great Himalaya; downhill to Luhri.
Day 11: Another climb to Narkanda (2700m) for stunning views of the peaks on the
Day 12: Cycle to the famous hill station of Shimla.
Day 13: Free day to explore Shimla.
Day 14: Take Viceroy's narrow gauge 'Toy Train' to Kalka; connect with onward train
Day 15: Free day to explore India's capital.
Day 16: End Delhi.
- 11 nights hotels, 3 nights lodge, 1 night homestay , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 dinners
- 10 days cycling with full vehicle support
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 6 to 16, plus local cycling leader and driver. Min age 16 yrs.
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from Amritsar are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling India's Hill Stations tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Cycling India's Hill Stations tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling India's Hill Stations tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.