- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The Golden Temple at Amritsar
- McLeod Ganj, home to the Dalai Lama
- Cycle across the Jalori Pass (3223m)
- The former colonial hill station of Shimla
A superb ride taking us through a huge variety of scenery and the endless variety of India - the incomparable Golden Temple of the Sikhs at Amritsar, the home of the Dalai Lama at McLeod Ganj, the fascinating Hindu temple town of Mandi and the magnificent former capital of British India at Shimla. In between are quiet country roads, frequent superb views of the Himalaya glinting in the distance and the satisfaction of reaching the highpoint of the Jalori Pass.
Day 2: Visit Golden Temple; transfer to Pragpur.
Cycle to Kangra through traditional villages and scenic valleys; optional
visit to Kangra Fort.
A long steady uphill climb to McLeod Ganj (2000m); late afternoon
To Andretta (1100m) via Norblingka Institute on the undulating back roads
below the Dhaula Dhar range.
Continue towards Jogindernagar via Baijnath Temple.
Cycle to the historic temple town of Mandi; time to explore the town and old
An easier day cycling along the Beas River to Larji in the lower part of the
A challenging day cycling through traditional remote villages to Shoja
Climb to the Jalori Pass (3223m) for fantastic views across the Pir Pinjal
and the great Himalaya; downhill to Luhri.
Another climb to Narkanda (2700m) for stunning views of the peaks on the
Cycle to the famous hill station of Shimla.
Day 13: Free day to explore Shimla.
Take Viceroy's narrow gauge 'Toy Train' to Kalka; connect with onward train
Free day to explore India's capital.
Day 16: End Delhi.
- 11 nights hotels, 3 nights lodge, 1 night homestay , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 dinners
- 10 days cycling with full vehicle support
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 6 to 16, plus local cycling leader and driver. Min age 16 yrs.
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Amritsar and from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling India's Hill Stations tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling India's Hill Stations tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 03 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycling India's Hill Stations tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling India's Hill Stations tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.