- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 3 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-99 yrs
- max group size 6
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3111
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Spend a day taking in the majesty and mystery of unforgettable Petra. You will be blown away at your first sight of the Treasury.
- From the top of Mt Nebo take in the views over Jordan.
- Later, journey to the lowest point on earth and experience the feeling of being weightless while you float in the super salty Dead Sea.
Travel to Jordan and visit the rose-hued fortress city of Petra, which was the capital of the ancient Nabataeans - a mysterious people who carved a trading empire from the desert in what is now modern Jordan. Take time to explore the extraordinary beauty of Petra's rock-hewn architecture and discover its history. There's also time to float in the legendary Dead Sea and see Jerusalem shimmering in the distance from mosaic-adorned Mt Nebo. This short break amid ancient wonders is the perfect way to cap off a voyage to the Middle East.
Day 1: Amman/Dead Sea/Petra
Day 2: Petra
Day 3: Petra/Amman
- Hotel (2 nights)
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- An expert tour leader
- Mt Nebo - Site visit
- Dead Sea - visit and swim
- Petra - Guided tour
- Any international flights to/from Amman are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Petra Uncovered tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 30+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Petra Uncovered tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 November 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 November 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Petra Uncovered tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Petra Uncovered tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This trip packs a lot in. There will be early starts and late finishes. If you prefer to explore at a more leisurely pace this may not be the best trip for you.
- Travelling alone? Our Shortbreaks are a group tour with independence, you won’t have a leader with you for the full duration of the tour, but you may be joined by other like-minded travellers to share the experience.
- Being an independent traveller you won’t mind carrying your own bag, not great distances just off and on the bus or ferry and into the hotel.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- Do people in Jordan speak English?
- Do I need a visa to travel to Jordan?
- Is traveling in Jordan safe?
- How long should I stay in Jordan?
What is the best month to visit Jordan?
March to May are the busiest tourist months to visit Jordan. September to February is also ideal for travel due to the generally good weather, except for the biting cold nights in the desert areas. It is not advised to travel to Jordan between June and August unless you are prepared to deal with intense heat. However, the best time to visit Jordan is between March and May, when the weather is perfect, even when you want to travel to the desert.