- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-7941
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Walk and camp in the beautiful desert landscape of the Wadi Rum
- Optional hike up to Burdah rock bridge
- Hike the Back Trail to Petra
- Stay at a community owned Bedouin camp near Petra
Some of the most spectacular desert scenery in the world is found in the south of Jordan at Wadi Rum, a place of dramatic beauty providing an ideal environment for trekking. Millennia of erosion has formed wonderful mountains (known as jebels) that rise from the desert sands, creating exciting terrain that we explore from the valley bottom to the jebel tops. Throughout the trip, we are accompanied by local Bedouin people and shall camp as they do, under the stars. Our trip finishes with a walk via the Back Trail into the ancient rock city of Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
Day 1: Start Amman
Day 2: Drive to Wadi Rum
Day 3: Traverse Siq el Barrah
Day 4: Trek to Jebel Burdah
Day 5: On to Wadi Khashkhasheh
Day 6: Leave the desert for Little Petra
Day 7: Walk to Back Trail to Petra; then drive to Amman
Day 8: End Amman
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, four lunches, five dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Tour leader throughout
- Travel insurance
- Visas or vaccinations
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Save US$ 102 today.
- Earn US$ 68+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Petra & Wadi Rum Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 December 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 December 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Petra & Wadi Rum Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Petra & Wadi Rum Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.
- Do people in Jordan speak English?
- Do I need a visa to travel to Jordan?
- Is traveling in Jordan safe?
- How long should I stay in Jordan?
What is the best month to visit Jordan?
March to May are the busiest tourist months to visit Jordan. September to February is also ideal for travel due to the generally good weather, except for the biting cold nights in the desert areas. It is not advised to travel to Jordan between June and August unless you are prepared to deal with intense heat. However, the best time to visit Jordan is between March and May, when the weather is perfect, even when you want to travel to the desert.