- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Beautiful desert landscape of UNESCO World Heritage Site Wadi Rum
- Traditional Bedouin camp
- Famous rosered city of Petra
Some of the most spectacular desert scenery in the world is found in the south of Jordan at Wadi Rum, a place of dramatic beauty which provides an ideal environment for trekking. Millennia of erosion have formed wonderful mountains (known as jebels) that rise out of the desert sands, creating exciting terrain that we explore from the valley bottom to the jebel tops. Throughout the trip we will be accompanied by local Bedouin and we shall be camping as they do, under the stars. Our trip will finish with a day visit to the ancient rock city of Petra, a must for any visitor to Jordan.
Day 1: Start Amman.
Day 2: To Wadi Rum; meet the Bedouin team and venture into the desert.
Day 3: Traverse Siq el Barrah, a magnificent desert canyon with immense rock walls.
Day 4: Trek to the arch of Burdah with optional climb.
Day 5: To Um Fruth rock-bridge following Khor el Ajram to the Wadi Khashkhasheh.
Day 6: Leave the desert for Petra.
Day 7: A fascinating day visiting Petra, one of the world's foremost ancient sites;
Day 8: End Amman.
- 3 nights hotels, 1 night full-service basic camping and 3 nights semi-participatory wild camping , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
- 8 days land only/ flight inclusive
- Free airport transfer for any flight
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 5 days point-to-point walking
- Altitude maximum 900 metres
- Not suitable for vertigo suffer (Day 4)
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from Amman are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Petra & Wadi Rum Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Petra & Wadi Rum Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 175 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 22 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Petra & Wadi Rum Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Petra & Wadi Rum Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.