- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle through spectacular desert scenery
- Visit the UNESCO site of Petra
- Camp under the stars in Wadi Rum
The Kingdom of Jordan is the perfect place to combine a cycling tour with some of the best sites in the Middle East. This bicycle trip takes us through olive groves and hill top villages in the north, while further south we will head along desert roads where the communities are sparse and nomadic and the landscape vast and spectacular. If the cycling alone isn't enough to entice you, perhaps the UNESCO site of Petra, a night under the stars in the Wadi Rum desert or a float in the Dead Sea will tempt you to visit this fascinating country.
Jordan is such a beautiful country, full of history and holly sites, good food, lovely friendly people.
Seeing it by bike makes it even more special as you get to appreciate the beautiful nature and whizz past villages and towns, say hello to the locals, who encourage you and all the kids who try to high-five you along the way.”
Eighteen independent souls of a big age range…early 20’s to ’70’s…herded like cats by a guide with great character,humour and knowledge, looked after assiduously on the bikes rides by two great young Jordanians who are the Jordan Triathlon team.
The support and organisation were excellent. There were just enough pacey rides and hill climbs not to frustrate the ardent cyclists…and plenty of support for those for whom the hills were a challenge. There was even a police escort…blue lights flashing.
The hotels are modest but adequate…one does not do this for the luxury…the fare a bit better than that. It was tempting enough to lure two separate travellers from Canada and one from Spain. Maybe we got lucky with our group…but we were able to do and enjoy so much because of the organisation and attention to detail of the crew…there was a plan for everything…but it was not rigid.”
Day 1: Start Amman.
Day 2: Visit Jerash; ride/drive through olive groves and villages to Madaba.
Day 3: Ride to Mt Nebo; exhilarating descent to the Dead Sea for a float in the
saline water; drive to Petra.
Day 4: Explore the fascinating UNESCO city of Petra.
Day 5: Guided tour around Petra; cycle to Little Petra.
Day 6: Ride via Wadi Araba to Aqaba on the Red Sea.
Day 7: Free morning to visit the beach, explore Aqaba or snorkel; afternoon
drive/ride to Wadi Rum and camp overnight in desert.
Day 8: Morning desert drive into the Wadi Rum; drive to Amman.
Day 9: End Amman.
- 7 nights in hotels, all en suite , 1 night basic camping , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- 5 days cycling with full vehicle support
- All transport and listed activities
- Group normally 5 to 18 plus local leader. Min age 16
- 95% quiet tarmac roads, 5% gravel and sandy roads
- Mainly flat with some steep climbs and hot temperatures
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from Amman are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Petra & Wadi Rum by Bike tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 63 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 180 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 31 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Petra & Wadi Rum by Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Petra & Wadi Rum by Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.