- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit a Bedouin camp, which provides the local Ammarin tribe with a sustainable income from tourism and is vital for the preservation of Bedouin culture and the natural environment.
- Enjoy dinner with a local village family who used to live in Petra and were moved out of the site after Petra became UNESCO heritage listed.
- Hike along the unique Copper Mines trail in the Dana Biosphere reserve.
- Have lunch with a local goat shepherd and learn more about his traditional way of life.
Looking for a short trip that combines history, traditional culture and a chance to challenge yourself to an active adventure? This journey through Jordan, comprising of three days of trekking and one day spent relaxing by the Dead Sea, ticks all the boxes. Begin with a trip to Dana Nature Reserve, where you’ll learn about the copper mining industry of the Roman Empire, as well as spending time with a local goat shepherd. From here you’ll trek through the ancient city of Petra, soaking up the history of the Silk Road, meeting local Bedouin villagers, and hiking along some of the world’s most famous trails.
Amman / Dana Nature Reserve / Petra
Little Petra / Petra
Petra / Dead Sea / Amman
- Comfort style deluxe bedouin camp
- 4 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- 4x4 Jeep , Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Dana Nature Reserve - Feynan Cooper Mines Trail
- Dana Nature Reserve - Lunch with a Local Shepherd
- Little Petra - Hike from Ghbour Whedat to Little Petra
- Little Petra - Ammarin Tribe Bedoiun Camp Visit
- Petra - Hike through Archaeological Site
- Petra - Guided tour
- Umm Sayhom - Village Visit & Dinner with Local Family
- Dead Sea - Visit and float
- Any international flights to/from Amman are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Jordan Retreat: Petra tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 32+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jordan Retreat: Petra tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Jordan Retreat: Petra tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan Retreat: Petra tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
- Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
- Some of the best scenery in Petra and Wadi Rum is found on hikes. So, while this trip doesn't require a high level of fitness, it’s essential to be at least moderately fit if you want to partake in all activities. Most of the time there is no shade so remember to bring a hat, sun protection, and sturdy, comfortable walking shoes. Winters can get quite cool, so if you're visiting at this time, don't forget to pack some warmer layers too.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers