- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Bustling Amman
- Roman ruins at Jerash
- Magnificent Petra
- Wadi Rum desert scenery
This fascinating tour of Jordan ticks off all its most noteworthy sights including Jerash, Petra, the Dead Sea and Amman. You will also experience a thrilling jeep safari and a night at Bedouin camp in the Wadi Rum desert.
Beginning and ending in Amman, we'll start off by exploring the capital city, visiting the Citadel and the 6,000 seat Roman theatre. The well-preserved Roman ruins at Jerash are next on the list before the tour heads south, driving along the picturesque King's Highway to Petra, passing Madaba, Mount Nebo and the impressive Crusader Castle at Kerak.
One full day will be spent venturing around the charming 'Rose Red City' of Petra. Starting with a walk, you will be led through the snaking Siq to view the 2,000-year-old Treasury. Here, you can enjoy a morning guided tour of this eye-catching location and you'll have some time to explore the area by yourself.
The Jordan tour will continue south and spend the night in the Wadi Rum desert. You will enjoy a 4x4 jeep safari before the tour heads north to the Dead Sea, giving you a chance to swim in its famously salty waters before we head back to Amman to conclude the tour.
Upgrades are available to 4 or 5-star hotels on request.
Day 1 : 2019 - Arrive in Amman, transfer to hotel
Day 2 : 2019 - Amman city tour, Jerash
Day 3 : 2019 - King's Highway to Petra via Madaba and Kerak
Day 4 : 2019 - A Full day visit of Petra
Day 5 : 2019 - Wadi Rum jeep safari, Dead Sea swim
Day 6 : 2019 - Amman, free time, transfer to airport
- 4 nights' accommodation in 3 star hotels
- 1 night's accommodation a comfortable Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Professional local guide for sightseeing tours
- 4x4 jeep safari in Wadi Rum
- International Flights (available on request)
- Entrance fees and Visa fees (included in a Jordan Pass available before arrival for JD70)
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Hotel Gala Dinner supplements if applicable
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Note - prices are based on 2 people sharing a twin/double room. Single travellers may pay an additional single room supplement to guarantee a single room throughout the trip. This supplement will also be due if no same-sex room share is available.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 42 today.
- Earn US$ 28+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jordan on a Shoestring tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 55 days before departure. For any departures within 16 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Jordan on a Shoestring tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan on a Shoestring tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.