- Walking tour
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Indulge in breathtaking archaeological treasures, including the Red Rose City of Petra
- Explore the spectacular desert landscape of Wadi Rum
- Enjoy a camel trek in the desert and traditional Bedouin dinner
- Visit the historic Roman ruins of Jerash
Discover ruins, the desert, symbolic sites and the best hospitality Jordan has to offer. Discover all the must see places on this tantalising journey including breathtaking archaeological treasures, Roman ruins, grand mosques and the delightful Desert Castles. At Um Qais we gain a sense of what Moses saw with views of the Jordan Valley, Golan Heights and the Sea of Galilee; and enjoy cooking a traditional meal with locals. The rose-red city of Petra is revealed through a narrow gorge, where you'll be awe struck by the structures that were carved into the soaring sandstone walls by the Nabataean civilization in the third century B.C. A short walk in the Dana Nature Reserve is preceded by our foray into the Wadi Rum, a spectacular desert landscape and the backdrop for our camel, jeep and foot explorations. In the south we relax on the beautiful shores of Aqaba at the Red Sea. Our final days include visits to the Baptism site of John the Baptist with some time to relax on the Dead Sea, Madaba known as the 'City of Mosaics' and Mount Nebo with its prized monastery.
Day 1 : Join Amman
Day 2 : Jerash, Ajlun, Um Qais (275 km)
Day 3 : Desert Castles, return to Amman (320 km)
Day 4 : Mujib Nature Reserve, drive to Petra (300 km)
Day 5 : Explore Petra
Day 6 : Explore Petra
Day 7 : Beidha and Wadi Rum (125 km)
Day 8 : In Wadi Rum, drive to Aqaba
Day 9 : Aqaba
Day 10 : Dana Nature Reserve and the Dead Sea (390 km)
Day 11 : Dead Sea
Day 12 : Baptism site, Mt Nebo, Madaba, and return to Amman (70 km)
Day 13 : In Amman, trip concludes
- 10 nights in 3-4 star hotels on a twinshare basis
- 1 night in local guesthouse on a twinshare basis
- 12 breakfasts and 2 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 13 only)
- English speaking local driver
- Private transport
- English speaking local guides at the major sites visited (English speaking guide throughout for 6 or more guests)
- 1 night in Bedouin camp on a twinshare tent basis (option to upgrade in Wadi Rum to a Martian Dome Tent - additional supplement applies; subject to availability)
- Wadi Rum 4WD tour
- Entrance fees and sightseeing as listed in itinerary
- International flights
- Airport departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature (i.e. phone calls, laundry etc.)
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Travel Insurance
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Airport transfers if not arriving/ departing on Days 1 & 13
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jordan Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 August 2021, a deposit of 1 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Jordan Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.
Could you please send me the names of the hotels used and the Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum? Thanks!
The hotels are dependent on the exact dates of travel, but the tour operator does maintain a standard level when it comes to selecting the hotels. Please let us know your preferred start date for the tour and we will enquire about which hotels are booked for that specific departure date.
For this Jordan Highlights tour, we use good quality 3-star hotels, all twin share with private facilities. There is also a local homestay in Um Qais. Please do not expect the hotels to be of a western 3-star standard. In some towns the accommodation is basic but comfortable, clean, secure and all rooms with en suite bathrooms. Hotels are chosen for their location, cleanliness, and comfort.
In Wadi Rum, guests stay in a standard, Bedouin-style tent with ensuite bathroom and fan. At the time of booking, for an additional supplement and subject to availability, it is possible to upgrade to a Martian Dome Tent with terrace, ensuite bathroom, and air‑conditioning. The Martian Dome Tents offer the unique experience of combined luxury and spectacular views.