- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Indulge in breathtaking archaeological treasures, including the Red Rose City of Petra
- Explore the spectacular desert landscape of Wadi Rum
- Enjoy a camel trek in the desert and traditional Bedouin dinner
- Visit the historic Roman ruins of Jerash
Discover ruins, the desert, symbolic sites and the best hospitality Jordan has to offer. Discover all the must see places on this tantalising journey including breathtaking archaeological treasures, Roman ruins, grand mosques and Crusader fortresses. First on the agenda are the delightful Desert Castles and the second century Roman ampitheatre in Amman. At Um Qais we gain a sense of what Moses saw with views of the Jordan Valley, Golan Heights and the Sea of Galilee. The rose-red city of Petra is revealed through a narrow gorge, where you'll be awe struck by the structures that were carved into the soaring sandstone walls by the Nabataean civilization in the third century B.C. A short walk in the Dana Nature Reserve is proceeded by our foray into the Wadi Rum, a spectacular desert landscape and the backdrop for our camel, jeep and foot explorations. In the south we relax on the beautiful shores of Aqaba at the Red Sea. Our final days include visits to the Baptism site of John the Baptist with some time to relax on the Dead Sea, Madaba known as the 'City of Mosaics' and Mount Nebo with its prized monastery.
Day 1 : Join Amman
Day 2 : Desert Castles, Amman city tour
Day 3 : Um Qais, Ajlun, Jerash & return to Amman
Day 4 : Mujib and Dana Nature Reserves, Kerak, drive to Petra
Day 5 : Explore Petra
Day 6 : Explore Petra
Day 7 : Beidha and Wadi Rum
Day 8 : In Wadi Rum, drive to Aqaba
Day 9 : Aqaba
Day 10 : To Madaba, Mt Nebo and the Dead Sea
Day 11 : Dead Sea
Day 12 : Baptism site and return to Amman
Day 13 : In Amman, trip concludes
- 11 nights in 3-4 star hotels on a twinshare basis
- 12 breakfasts, 1 dinner
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 13 only)
- English speaking local driver
- Private transport
- English speaking local guides at the major sites visited (English speaking guide throughout for 6 or more guests)
- 1 night in Bedouin camp on a twinshare tent basis (option to upgrade in Wadi Rum to a Martian Dome Tent - additional supplement applies; subject to availability)
- Wadi Rum 4WD tour
- Entrance fees and sightseeing as listed in itinerary
- International flights
- Airport departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature (i.e. phone calls, laundry etc.)
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Travel Insurance
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Airport transfers if not arriving/ departing on Days 1 & 13
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 124 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 82 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 329 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 14 February 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Jordan Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.