- Walking tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy Bedouin hospitality in the dramatic desert landscape of Wadi Rum
- Visit the magical hidden city of Petra
- Explore Kerak crusader castle, and the ancient Byzantine mosaics of Mt Nebo and Madaba
- Take a dip in the Dead Sea
A journey uncovering the extraordinary history and outstanding natural beauty of Jordan. For such a compact country, Jordan has an overwhelming array of historical sites and geographical features ripe for exploration. From the magical hidden city of Petra where the Queen of Sheba once showered her gifts on King Solomon, to Wadi Rum where Lawrence of Arabia spent time during the Arab Revolt, and from the Dead Sea to the Crusader Castles dotted throughout the country, this journey manages to encompass all of the highlights. Our day walks in Petra take us to the High Place of Sacrifice at sunrise and the Treasury. We visit Madaba and Mt Nebo, from where Moses is said to have seen the 'Promised Land'; and travel the Kings Highway to the prominent crusader castle of Kerak. We visit Jerash, 'the Pompeii of the East', and enjoy cooking a traditional meal with locals at Um Qais. A 4WD journey into the Wadi Rum allows us to spend time among the local Bedouin people and marvel at the changing colours of this dramatic landscape. We return to Amman via the shores of the Red Sea, a fine finale to this all encompassing trip.
Day 1 : Join Amman
Day 2 : Jerash, Ajlun, Um Qais (275 km)
Day 3 : Desert Castles and Dead Sea (270 kms drive)
Day 4 : To Petra via Madaba, Mt Nebo and Kerak (405 kms drive)
Day 5 : Full day visit to Petra
Day 6 : Beidha and Wadi Rum (125 kms drive)
Day 7 : To Amman via Aqaba (400 kms drive)
Day 8 : In Amman, trip concludes
- 5 nights in 3-4 star hotels on a twinshare basis
- 1 night in local guesthouse on a twinshare basis
- 7 breakfasts and 2 dinners
- English speaking local driver
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 8 only)
- Private transport
- English speaking local guides at the major sites visited (English speaking guide throughout for 6 or more guests)
- 1 night in Bedouin camp on a twinshare tent basis (option to upgrade in Wadi Rum to a Martian Dome Tent - additional supplement applies; subject to availability)
- Wadi Rum 4WD tour
- Entrance fees and sightseeing as listed in itinerary
- International flights & airport departure taxes
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of a personal nature, eg laundry, drinks, spending money
- Travel Insurance
- Medical treatment
- Excess baggage costs
- Airport transfers if not arriving/ departing on Days 1 & 8
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 103 today.
- Earn US$ 68+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jordan Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 January 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Jordan Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.