- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy Bedouin hospitality in the dramatic desert landscape of Wadi Rum
- Visit the magical hidden city of Petra
- Explore Kerak crusader castle, and the ancient Byzantine mosaics of Mt Nebo and Madaba
- Take a dip in the Dead Sea
A journey uncovering the extraordinary history and outstanding natural beauty of Jordan. For such a compact country, Jordan has an overwhelming array of historical sites and geographical features ripe for exploration. From the magical hidden city of Petra where the Queen of Sheba once showered her gifts on King Solomon, to Wadi Rum where Lawrence of Arabia spent time during the Arab Revolt, and from the Dead Sea to the Crusader Castles dotted throughout the country, this journey manages to encompass all of the highlights. Our day walks in Petra take us to the High Place of Sacrifice at sunrise and the Treasury. We visit Madaba and Mt Nebo, from where Moses is said to have seen the 'Promised Land'; we travel the Kings Highway to the prominent crusader castle of Kerak and we visit Jerash, 'the Pompeii of the East'. A 4WD journey into the Wadi Rum, and optional camel ride, allows us to spend time among the local Bedouin people and marvel at the changing colours of this dramatic landscape. We return to Amman via the shores of the Red Sea, a fine finale to this all encompassing trip.
Day 1 : Join Amman
Day 2 : Jerash, Ajlun and Amman city tour (170 kms drive)
Day 3 : Desert Castles and Dead Sea, to Madaba (240 kms drive)
Day 4 : To Petra via Mt Nebo and Kerak (270 kms drive)
Day 5 : Full day visit to Petra
Day 6 : To Wadi Rum (125 kms drive)
Day 7 : To Amman via Aqaba (400 kms drive)
Day 8 : In Amman, trip concludes
- 6 nights in 3-4 star hotels on a twinshare basis
- 7 breakfasts
- English speaking local driver
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 8 only)
- Private transport
- English speaking local guides at the major sites visited (English speaking guide throughout for 6 or more guests)
- 1 night in Bedouin camp on a twinshare tent basis (option to upgrade in Wadi Rum to a Martian Dome Tent - additional supplement applies; subject to availability)
- Wadi Rum 4WD tour
- Entrance fees and sightseeing as listed in itinerary
- International flights & taxes
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of a personal nature, eg laundry, drinks, spending money
- Travel Insurance
- Medical treatment
- Excess baggage costs
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 100 today.
- Save US$ 66+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jordan Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Jordan Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
Twin Share room may not always be available for solo travelers, as it depends on each individual tour departure. If Twin Share room is not available for the departure you have booked, we will let you know.