- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 40
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-23366
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- The Ruins of Mount Nebo, Explore the Ancient City of Petra
- Jerash and Madaba Orientations with your Travel Director, Take a dip in the famously mineral-rich waters of the Dead Sea.
- Jerash: Feel like you have stepped 2,000 years back in time as your Travel Director guides you through this marvelous ancient metropolis - now the finest surviving example of a Greco-Roman city in the world!
- Shobak: Explore the Crusader fortress and see the Crusader chapel.
- Madaba: Guided by your Travel Director, see St George Church and admire the detail of the Madaba Map - a fascinating mosaic that is believed to be the earliest surviving map of the Holy land.
- Mount Nebo: Take in the astounding view of Moses' Promised Land, where the ruins are truly a site to behold.
- Petra: Explore the ancient and hidden 'rose-red' city, as you journey with your Travel Director, through the winding, dark passageway, between rock walls up to 200 meters high. See the Treasury and explore the Roman Amphitheater and ancient tombs.
- Wadi Rum: Enjoy beautiful desert scenery as you make your way on a jeep safari deep into the heart of Wadi Rum's majestic desert.
- Amman: During a city tour of Amman, visit the Citadel, the grand Roman Amphitheater and the Archaeological Museum.
- Amman: Explore Amman's street art scene on a guided graffiti walking tour.
- Show more
Delight in all the desert offers during this 9-day guided tour. Journey to Jerash, a short jaunt from Amman, to see the Greco-Roman city up close: Explore the ruins of the Temples of Artemis and Zeus. Ascend to one of the holiest sites in Jordan, the 11,929-foot-tall Mount Nebo, where Moses once stood to see the Promised Land. Walk through the secret passages of the 12th Century fortress of Shobak and survey the desert that surrounds you. Travel to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Petra, a city carved from red rocks and lost in time: Traverse a gorge to the city’s Treasury, an ornate tomb, and through a canyon to its Roman Amphitheater, which once seated thousands of spectators. Back in Amman, enjoy a city tour that leads you to the ruins of Citadel Hill, with spectacular views of the city below or take a guided street art tour and see the incredible graffiti. Spend two days relaxing by the Dead Sea.
Day 1: Arrive Amman
Day 2: Exploring Amman and Jerash
Day 3: Madaba, Mount Nebo, Shobak and on to Petra
Day 4: Exploring the Lost City of Petra
Day 5: Wadi Rum with the Bedouin
Day 6: Amman
Day 7: Onwards to the Dead Sea Relaxed Start
Day 8: Dead Sea at Leisure Relaxed Start
Day 9: Depart Amman
Day 10: Depart Amman
- 4 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- 8 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- 3 Dinner (D)
- Amman Marriott Hotel. hotel
- Petra Marriott Hotel. hotel
- Sun City Camp, Wadi Rum. hotel
- Dead Sea Marriott Resort & Spa. hotel
- Travel by coach
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Any international flights to/from Amman are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Jordan Experience tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jordan Experience tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 November 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 November 2023, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Jordan Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children below 16 who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.
- Do people in Jordan speak English?
- Do I need a visa to travel to Jordan?
- Is traveling in Jordan safe?
- How long should I stay in Jordan?
What is the best month to visit Jordan?
March to May are the busiest tourist months to visit Jordan. September to February is also ideal for travel due to the generally good weather, except for the biting cold nights in the desert areas. It is not advised to travel to Jordan between June and August unless you are prepared to deal with intense heat. However, the best time to visit Jordan is between March and May, when the weather is perfect, even when you want to travel to the desert.