- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 48
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Jerash: Feel like you have stepped 2,000 years back in time as your Travel Director guides you through this marvellous ancient metropolis now the finest surviving example of a GrecoRoman city in the world!
- Shobak: Explore the Crusader fortress and see the Crusader chapel.
- Madaba: Guided by your Travel Director, see St George Church and admire the detail of the Madaba Map a fascinating mosaic that is believed to be the earliest surviving map of the Holy land.
- Mount Nebo: Take in the astounding view of Moses' Promised Land, where the ruins are truly a site to behold.
Delight in all the desert offers during this 9-day guided tour. Journey to Jerash, a short jaunt from Amman, to see the Greco-Roman city up close: Explore the ruins of the Temples of Artemis and Zeus. Ascend to one of the holiest sites in Jordan, the 11,929-foot-tall Mount Nebo, where Moses once stood to see the Promised Land. Walk through the secret passages of the 12th Century fortress of Shobak and survey the desert that surrounds you. Travel to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Petra, a city carved from red rocks and lost in time: Traverse a gorge to the city’s Treasury, an ornate tomb, and through a canyon to its Roman Amphitheatre, which once seated thousands of spectators. Back in Amman, enjoy a city tour that leads you to the ruins of Citadel Hill, with spectacular views of the city below or take a guided street art tour and see the incredible graffiti. Spend two days relaxing by the Dead Sea.
Day 1: Arrive Amman
Day 2: Exploring Amman and Jerash
Day 3: Madaba, Mount Nebo, Shobak and on to Petra
Day 4: Exploring the Lost City of Petra
Day 5: Wadi Rum with the Bedouin
Day 6: Amman
Day 7: Onwards to the Dead Sea Relaxed Start
Day 8: Dead Sea at Leisure Relaxed Start
Day 9: Depart Amman
- Amman: Enjoy lunch at Beit Khairat Souf, a local café hosted in the home of the Bataresh family. This women-owned café aims to create a platform for local women to become financially independent. This experience advances UN Sustainable Development Goal 5: Gender Equality, supporting women empowerment in a region suffering drastically from women unemployment
- Petra: Taste authentic Jordanian flavours as you experience a traditional desert dinner when you dine at the Ammarin Bedouin camp.
- Wadi Rum: Enjoy tea with the Bedouins at sunset and taste authentic Jordanian cuisine dine under the stars for your Zarb dinner.
- Amman: Toast to your adventures with your fellow travellers at a lively Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner (D), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW), and 1 Lunch (L)
- : We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
- Complimentary transfers are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
- : Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned coach with onboard washroom. Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom may be used on occasion. Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards. Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- From time to time, your Travel Director will delight you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- Amman: Explore Amman's street art scene on a guided graffiti walking tour.
- : Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19.All Travel Directors, Well-Being Directors and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
- Amman: Get to know your fellow travelers and Travel Director over a drink at your Welcome Dinner.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Choose between two carefully selected activities
- Amman: During a city tour of Amman, visit the Citadel, the grand Roman Amphitheatre and the Archaeological Museum.
- : Our Well-Being Directors take a proactive approach to your welfare ensuring all well-being regulations are met (available on tours with 21 or more guests).
- : Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
- Amman: Visit the Iraq-Al Amir Women's Cooperative supported by the TreadRight Foundation. Learn some skills behind these traditional handicraft activities from the ladies of the cooperative and admire their work, which helps boost their financial livelihoods. The Cooperative, which is managed and run by local women, has provided training projects for more than 150 women from all villages of Wadi Seer on a variety of handicrafts. Here women are provided with job training skills enable them to gain access to economic opportunities that might not have otherwise been possible. The Women's Cooperative advances UN Sustainable Development Goal 5: Gender Equality and UN Sustainable Development Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities.
- Any international flights to/from Amman are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Jordan Experience tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 156 today.
- Earn US$ 72+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jordan Experience tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 December 2021, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Jordan Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children below 16 who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.