- City sightseeing
- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- 4x4, quad and ATV trips
- duration 9 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-21847
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Experience the mountains and desert of Jordan
- View Lawrence's 'Seven Pillars of Wisdom'
- Petra - the Rose Red City
Discover the rugged beauty, delicious food and rich heritage of Jordan. Explore Petra in depth, sleep like a Bedouin in Wadi Rum and float in the salty waters of the Dead Sea; the lowest point on earth.
Mount Nebo - Learn about Jordan's biblical heritage as we travel in the footsteps of Moses
Petra - Spend two full days discovering the historic and remarkable 'Rose Red City'
Wadi Rum - Eat a traditional Bedouin barbeque, sit around the camp fire and sleep under a blanket of stars.
Day 1 : Join trip in Amman
Day 2 : Guided visit to Roman Jerash; spend the afternoon exploring the Amman Citadel
Day 3 : Visit holy Mount Nebo and see Byzantine mosaics in Madaba before travelling to the 'rose city' of Petra
Day 4 : A full day to discover the magnificent archaeological site of Petra
Day 5 : Full free day to explore Petra; take the chance to trek up the Royal Tombs
Day 6 : Explore Wadi Rum desert by 4WD and camp in a Bedouin camp under the stars
Day 7 : Spend time by the Red Sea in Aqaba; an option to join a snorkelling trip
Day 8 : Visit the Dead Sea, the lowest point of Earth before travelling back to Amman
Day 9 : Trip ends in Amman
- 8 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Toledo Hotel (3 nights)
- Edom Hotel (3 nights)
- Salim Camp (1 night)
- My Luxury Hotel (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Camp Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Amman are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Jordan Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 56+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jordan Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 December 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 December 2023, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Jordan Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.
- Do people in Jordan speak English?
- Do I need a visa to travel to Jordan?
- Is traveling in Jordan safe?
- How long should I stay in Jordan?
What is the best month to visit Jordan?
March to May are the busiest tourist months to visit Jordan. September to February is also ideal for travel due to the generally good weather, except for the biting cold nights in the desert areas. It is not advised to travel to Jordan between June and August unless you are prepared to deal with intense heat. However, the best time to visit Jordan is between March and May, when the weather is perfect, even when you want to travel to the desert.