- duration 11 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Discover one of the finest multiday hikes in Jordan, dubbed the "Inca Trail of the Middle East"
- Trek from Dana Nature Reserve to the ancient city of Petra
- Explore the magnificent Treasury and other wonders in Petra
- Enjoy Wadi Rum, the spectacular desert landscape of Lawrence of Arabia
Trek to Petra and explore the magnificent Wadi Rum. Jordan's wilderness is astonishing and truly the best way to fully appreciate this biblical land is on foot. The route from Dana to Petra is considered to be one of the finest multi-day hikes in the Middle East. With our experienced local guide and Bedouin crew we trek from Dana Nature Reserve through remote canyons and alongside near-vertical gorges, experiencing wilderness camping in breathtaking wadis (or oases). The trek has been dubbed the "Inca Trail of the Middle East" and your first view of Petra's Monastery evokes similar feelings of awe when arriving on foot at one of the world's great wonders. We explore the colonnaded street of Petra, the theatre and finally the magnificent Treasury before heading to Wadi Rum and the land of Lawrence of Arabia. Harsh and inhospitable, this raw but spectacular landscape is superb for exploration by jeep and on foot. We climb to the famous rock arch at Burdah Bridge and trek through the rugged Rakebak Canyon. We return to Amman via the Red Sea coast, with a swim further on in the Dead Sea, providing a fine finale to this amazing adventure.
Day 1 : Join Amman overnight in Madaba
Day 2 : Drive to Fynan and commence the Dana Trek to Petra (14 kms; 5 - 6 hours)
Day 3 : Trek to Wadi Barwas (16 km; approx 6 hours)
Day 4 : Trek to Ras el Feid (approx 10 kms; 6-8 hours)
Day 5 : Trek to Shkaret Msei’d (15 kms; 8-9 hours)
Day 6 : Trek to Little Petra, overnight in Bedouin Camp (14 kms; 5 hours)
Day 7 : Trek to Petra (approx 8kms/ 3 hrs to Monastery; 4-5 hrs exploring Petra)
Day 8 : To Wadi Rum for jeep exploration, Burrah Canyon and Burdah Bridge, overnight in Bedouin Camp
Day 9 : Trekking through Um Rashed and Rakebak Canyon to Rum village, drive to Aqaba
Day 10 : Morning in Aqaba to swim and snorkel, drive to Dead Sea for swim and return to Madaba
Day 11 : Transfer to airport in Amman, trip concludes
- 4 nights in 3 star hotels on a twinshare basis
- 10 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 6 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 11 only)
- Private transport
- English speaking local guides throughout
- 2 nights in Bedouin camp on a twinshare tent basis (option to upgrade one night in Wadi Rum to a Martian Dome Tent - additional supplement applies; subject to availability)
- 4 nights fully supported camping on a twinshare tent basis
- Group camping equipment during Dana trek including tent (sleeping bag and mat not included)
- 4WD support during treks
- Wadi Rum 4WD tour
- Entrance fees and sightseeing as listed in itinerary
- International flights and airport taxes
- Sleeping bag and sleeping mat
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Beverages during meals
- Items of a personal nature - eg. laundry, drinks, phone calls, spending money
- Airport transfers if not arriving/ departing on Days 1 & 11
- Travel Insurance
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 155 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 103 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 330 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 19 February 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Jordan Dana Trek to Petra and Wadi Rum tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan Dana Trek to Petra and Wadi Rum tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.