- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover hospitable and welcoming Jordan by bike
- Explore the spectacular desert landscape of Wadi Rum
- Cycle descent to the lowest place on earth, the Dead Sea
- Ride to the Dana Nature Reserve
Traverse Jordan from north to south by mountain bike. Jordan will be unveiled to you as we experience its majestic ruins, vibrant culture and exquisite cuisine; all while biking the length of the country on former caravan routes. From the capital of Amman, flanked by ancient citadels and Roman ampitheatres, we explore this oasis of the Middle East from north to south. When possible we transfer high and bike down, including a descent to the lowest place on earth, the Dead Sea. Float and cover yourself in mud before heading up to Mount Nebo, where Moses looked across at the Promised Land, from which we descend to the edge of the Dana Nature Reserve, a bird watcher's paradise. Dirt trails take us along a traverse in the mountains above Little Petra, with a major highlight being our exploratory visit to the Red Rose City of Petra the next day on foot. Finally we cycle the stark desert environment of Wadi Rum, also known as the valley of the moon, before relaxing at the Red Sea which is a fitting finale to our Jordan biking adventure.
Day 1 : Join Amman
Day 2 : Amman sightseeing, commence cycling (19km), transfer to the Dead Sea
Day 3 : Visit Mt Nebo and Madaba, cycle to Dana (28km)
Day 4 : Visit Shobak Castle, cycle to Little Petra (56km)
Day 5 : Petra sightseeing
Day 6 : Cycle from Rajif to Wadi Rum (47km)
Day 7 : Cycle in Wadi Rum (40km), transfer to Aqaba
Day 8 : Transfer to Amman International Airport, trip concludes
- 6 nights in comfortable hotels on a twinshare basis
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners
- Support vehicle
- Expert bilingual guide
- 1 night in Bedouin camp on a twinshare tent basis
- Medical kit
- Basic spares and tools
- Wadi Rum 4WD tour
- Option to rent bikes if not bringing your own (limited availability)
- Snacks and water while cycling
- Sightseeing as listed in itinerary (excludes visa cost and entrance fees covered by the Jordan Wanderer Pass)
- Jordan Wanderer Pass (approx US$99; must be purchased prior to arrival)
- mountain bike hire
- cycling helmet (compulsory - please bring your own)
- international flights and airport taxes
- airport transfers
- items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, beverages, tips etc
- meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- tips and gratuities
- visa costs
- travel insurance
- entrance fees for sightseeing not mentioned in the itinerary
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 144 today.
- Earn US$ 95+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jordan by Bike tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Jordan by Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan by Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.