- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- Museum and gallery visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- 4x4, quad and ATV trips
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 32
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hidden Petra
- Swim in The Dead Sea
- Wadi Rum desert
- The mighty Pyramids
This great tour is jam packed with all the main sights in Jordan and Egypt. Petra, The Dead Sea, The Pyramids and more.
Starting in Amman, Jordan, we tour the city centre before taking a tour out to the well preserved Roman remains at Jerash. Heading south we then follow the scenic Kings Highway stopping at Madaba, Mount Nebo, and the crumbling remains the crusader castle at Kerak, before arriving at Jordan's most popular attraction, the hidden city of Petra. We set aside a full day to explore the sprawling "Rose Red City" of Petra. Enter through the Siq and gaze upon the rock hewn Treasury built more than 2,000 years ago. Next we head into the desert at Wadi Rum, famous for its links with Lawrence of Arabia. We spend a night in a Bedouin camp here and take a 4x4 jeep ride through the stunning desert scenery before returning via a swim in the Dead Sea to Amman for our flight to Cairo (not included - you can book this as part of your main international flight ticket or we can book the flight for you separately).
Arriving into Cairo we start with a visit to the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx before travelling down to Aswan, with an optional extra early morning tour to the impressive temples of Ramses II at Abu Simbel. Back in Aswan we hop on board our traditional Nile felucca sailboat and wend our way down the River Nile, with support en-route from our facilities boat with on board toilet, showers and massage deck. Arriving into Luxor we take time to visit some of the many temples in this amazing open air museum, and of course we take time to explore the tombs of the Valley of the Kings. We finally head back to Cairo, stopping at the less visited temples of Abydos and Dendara on the way. If you'd like to add some time by the Red Sea to this trip, it's easy to add on a few extra days at the beach resort of Hurghada.
Day 1 Arrive in Amman. Hotel transfers included
Day 2 King's Highway to Petra with stops at Madaba & Kerak Castle
Day 3 Full day exploration of Petra, camping underneath the stars in Wadi Rum
Day 4 A Jeep safari in Wadi Rum & Dead Sea Swim
Day 5 A city tour of Amman and exploring Jerash
- 9 nights accommodation in 3 to 4-star hotels
- 1 night in a Nubian guesthouse in Aswan
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles (plus Bedouin jeeps in Wadi Rum)
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of a specialist tour guides for sightseeing tours
- 1 night in comfortable Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum
- 1 night on felucca sailboat with accompanying support boat with toilet & shower
- 4x4 jeep safari in Wadi Rum
- International flights (available on request)
- Amman-Cairo flight (available on request or bookable with your international flight ticket)
- Visa fees (Free Jordan visa included in the Jordan Pass; Egypt US$25)
- Entrance fees in Jordan (included in the Jordan Pass, to be purchased in advance, JD70)
- Entrance fees in Egypt (allow approx. US$65)
- Tipping kitty in Egypt (allow US$45)
- Guide Tips in Jordan and Egypt
- Tips in Jordan
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available from Encounters Travel)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Hotel gala dinners on 24 and/or 31 Dec (budget up to $120 p/p, see Tour notes)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 60+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jordan & Egypt on a Shoestring tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 August 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Jordan & Egypt on a Shoestring tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan & Egypt on a Shoestring tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.