- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hidden Petra
- Swim in The Dead Sea
- Wadi Rum desert
- The mighty Pyramids
This great tour is jam packed with all the main sights in Jordan and Egypt. Petra, The Dead Sea, The Pyramids and more.
Starting in Amman, Jordan, we tour the city centre before taking a tour out to the well preserved Roman remains at Jerash. Heading south we then follow the scenic Kings Highway stopping at Madaba, Mount Nebo, and the crumbling remains the crusader castle at Kerak, before arriving at Jordan's most popular attraction, the hidden city of Petra. We set aside a full day to explore the sprawling "Rose Red City" of Petra. Enter through the Siq and gaze upon the rock hewn Treasury built more than 2,000 years ago. Next we head into the desert at Wadi Rum, famous for its links with Lawrence of Arabia. We spend a night in a Bedouin camp here and take a 4x4 jeep ride through the stunning desert scenery before returning via a swim in the Dead Sea to Amman for our flight to Cairo (not included - you can book this as part of your main international flight ticket or we can book the flight for you separately).
Arriving into Cairo we start with a visit to the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx before travelling down to Aswan, with an optional extra early morning tour to the impressive temples of Ramses II at Abu Simbel. Back in Aswan we hop on board our traditional Nile felucca sailboat and wend our way down the River Nile, with support en-route from our facilities boat with on board toilet, showers and massage deck. Arriving into Luxor we take time to visit some of the many temples in this amazing open air museum, and of course we take time to explore the tombs of the Valley of the Kings. We finally head back to Cairo, stopping at the less visited temples of Abydos and Dendara on the way. If you'd like to add some time by the Red Sea to this trip, it's easy to add on a few extra days at the beach resort of Hurghada.
Day 1 - Welcome to Amman. Airport to hotel transfers included
Day 2 - Exploring Amman and Jerash
Day 3 - Mosaics, Castles & Wadis en-route to Petra
Day 4 - Exploring Petra, camping in Wadi Rum
Day 5 - A Jeep safari in Wadi Rum & a swim in the Dead Sea
Day 6 - Amman to Cairo. Hotel transfer included
Day 7 - Cairo, Pyramids & Sphinx at Giza. To Luxor
Day 8 - Luxor to Aswan. Overnight in Nubian village
Day 9 - Aswan, Abu Simbel option, Philae Temple & felucca cruise
Day 10 - Felucca sailing, to Luxor. Optional Luxor temple at night
Day 11 - Luxor, West Bank tour. Optional Karnak temple tour
Day 12 - Dendara and Abydos, to Cairo
Day 13 - Cairo, Optional City & Museum tour. Departure airport transfer
- 9 nights accommodation in 3 to 4-star hotels
- 1 night in a Nubian guesthouse in Aswan
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles (plus Bedouin jeeps in Wadi Rum)
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of a specialist tour guides for sightseeing tours
- 1 night in comfortable Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum
- 1 night on felucca sailboat with accompanying support boat with toilet & shower
- 4x4 jeep safari in Wadi Rum
- International flights (available on request)
- Amman-Cairo flight (available on request or bookable with your international flight ticket)
- Visa fees (Free Jordan visa included in the Jordan Pass; Egypt US$25)
- Entrance fees in Jordan (included in the Jordan Pass, to be purchased in advance, JD70)
- Entrance fees in Egypt (allow approx. US$65)
- Tipping kitty in Egypt (allow US$45)
- Guide Tips in Jordan and Egypt
- Tips in Jordan
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available from Encounters Travel)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Hotel gala dinners on 24 and/or 31 Dec (budget up to $120 p/p, see Tour notes)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 79 today.
- Save US$ 53+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jordan & Egypt on a Shoestring tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 55 days before departure. For any departures within 24 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Jordan & Egypt on a Shoestring tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan & Egypt on a Shoestring tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.