- duration 13 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Travel back in time during your trip to the Greco Roman city of Jerash & downtown Amman
- Explore the lost city of Petra & drive through the barren landscape of Wadi Rum
- Experience Egypt’s rich history during a four day Nile River cruise
- See the Great Pyramids of Giza. Visit St Catherine's Monastery at the foot of Mt Sinai
Discover Amman and get the glimpse of how the locals carry on with their everyday life. Visit Some of Jordan's most famous landmarks, like the lost city of Petra and the magnificent Wadi Rum. Grab the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to visit Saint Catherine's Monastery, located at the foot of Mount Sinai.
In Egypt, this tour will take you to places of interest, like Great Pyramid of Giza, and also includes a three-night Nile cruise from Aswan to Luxor.
Day 1: Amman arrival
Day 2: Amman: Jerash & Amman city tour
Day 3: Amman – Dead Sea – Kerak Castle – Little Petra & Petra Hotel
Day 4: Petra visit & Wadi Rum camp
Day 5: Three-hour jeep ride in Wadi Rum & transfer to Aqaba hotel
Day 6: Aqaba – Arava border – Taba border – Saint Catherine
Day 7: Mount Sinai climb, Saint Catherine Monastery & transfer to Cairo hotel
Day 8: Cairo old city tour & pyramids
Day 9: Cairo – Aswan (flight), Aswan city tour & overnight onboard cruise
Day 10: Nile cruise: Kom Ombo – Edfu
Day 11: Nile cruise: Karnak – the East Bank of Luxor
Day 12: Disembark the boat: Luxor West Bank & fly to Cairo
Day 13: Cairo departure
- Amman airport pickup & Cairo airport drop-off. Transfers in private, air-conditioned vehicles with English-speaking driver
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Two night's hotel accommodation in Amman. One night's stay in Petra hotel. One night in Aqaba hotel. Three nights' stay at a hotel in Cairo & one night's stay at a hotel in Saint Catherine
- One night's stay in Wadi Rum camp ( a private tent with a private bathroom)
- Three nights in a 5-star Nile cruise on a full-board basis
- Meet and assist at Taba border
- Taba border entrance fees
- Transfer from Araba border to Taba border in Israel
- An English-speaking, local tour guide in Petra for 2.5 hours
- An English-speaking, local tour guide in Jerash for 1 hour
- Experienced, English-speaking tour guides throughout Egypt tours as per the itinerary
- A Bedouin tour guide in Mount Sinai
- Entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary, including the Pyramid of Cheops
- Horse ride (700 meters) in Petra from the main gate to the beginning of the Petra Siq. Please note that although it is not mandatory, the horse handler expects a tip of JOD5 per horse (not included)
- Three hours' jeep ride with a Bedouin driver in Wadi Rum
- A small bottle of water (complimentary) and Wi-Fi on board
- Single Supplement
- International & domestic airfare (including flights from Cairo to Aswan & Luxor to Cairo)
- Travel insurance
- Entry visa to Egypt. For non-restricted nationalities, we can help get the visa on arrival. The net cost of the visa is USD25 per person and we charge USD5 per person in handling fees
- The optional supplement for Martian or bubble tent in Wadi Rum is USD80 per person, per night at the time of preparing this itinerary. You need not pay the amount if you choose not to upgrade to it
- Departure tax at the Jordan land border JD10 = USD14 per person (at the time of preparing this itinerary)
- Departure tax at the Israel Taba border 100 shekel = USD 30 per person (at the time of preparing this itinerary)
- Early checkin & late checkout
- Entrance tickets to see the Chefren Pyramid from the inside as well as the Tutankhamun Tomb in the Valley of the Kings
- Meals and beverage not mentioned in the itinerary and the "What's Included" section
- Horse-drawn carriage or camel ride in Petra
- Expenses that are personal in nature like phone calls & laundry
- Luggage portage charges
- Earn US$ 67+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease note that this tour can be booked only for the starting days of Thursday, Sunday & Tuesday. This is done to coincide with the cruise schedule. We can customize the above itinerary to suit your requirements. However, modified itineraries may result in higher costs. Changes in the number of travelers may affects the final quote. The official checkin time at the hotels is 15:00hr & the checkout time is 12:00hr. We cannot guarantee your stay in the hotels mentioned on the itinerary although we will try our best to ensure that you get these hotels. In case we are unable to book your stay at any of these hotels, we will look for a similar alternative and let you know once you have booked the trip. Breakfast at the hotels is served in the main restaurant. The triple room option in Egypt & Jordan is a double room plus an extra bed or a sofa. Please be advised that complimentary bottled water is not available at the camps in Wadi Rum. These camps also do not have categories or classifications. During winter months (from midDecember to the beginning of March), you have the option to spend one more night in Petra instead of staying at a camp in Wadi Rum. Your drivers and tour guides will only offer their services as per the tour itinerary. They will not be there at your disposal 24/7. Jeeps and other 4x4 vehicles in Wadi Rum are old (without air conditioning and seat belts) and belong to the local Bedouin association. For camping in Wadi Rum, we recommend that you carry towels and a torch light. You will cover several kilometres by foot in Petra. We strongly recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes and carry a backpack with water and drinks during your Petra trip. The government might close Petra on a rainy day for safety reasons. The local tour guides in Jerash and Petra are licensed by Jordan's ministry of tourism and are not part of our team. It is not permitted to bring telescopes and drones into Jordan without prior permission. The cruise schedule might change according to navigational circumstances. This will not affect the destinations visited except for the sequence in which you visit them. The regular departure days of the 4day, 3nights cruise are Friday, Monday and Wednesday. Those who have their cruise trip scheduled to start Monday will not get the chance to enjoy the Abu Simbel optional tour unfortunately. The cruise boat for this trip is 5star luxury. Cruise categories in Egypt can range from 5star luxury and 5star luxury superior to 5star grand luxury. In case you want an upgraded cruise (optional), please do let us know and we will give you the rates. If your arrival or departure is on different flights, there is a supplement for each extra transfer. The tour price is based on standard room and standard cabin. The tour price is more during Christmas and New Year season (on request).