- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3113
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Lay back and take an effortless float in the super salty waters of the Dead Sea after visiting Moses’ Promised Land at Mt Nebo. Everywhere you visit in Jordan has a story to tell.
- Spend a whole day uncovering the majesty and mystery of Petra. Follow your local leader down the narrow path of the Siq for your first unforgettable glimpse of the hand-carved Treasury.
- Jump in a jeep and experience the extraordinary desert scenery of Wadi Rum with your small group – a rugged lunar-like landscape of huge sandstone mountains and sandy plains.
- Join Bedouin locals at a desert camp in Wadi Rum for a night of traditional hospitality, good food and starry skies. You’ll learn about the Bedouin way of life and fall asleep to the eerie silence of the desert.
- Explore the incredible underwater world that lies just offshore at the Red Sea by snorkel and get into the laidback vibe of Dahab, full of seaside cafes and sheesha.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Animal Care in Egypt. Donations help them care for sick or injured working animals, like horses and donkeys, and help empower local communities with the knowledge and training to better care for their animals.
- Show more
Rock-hewn amphitheatres, desert dune bashing and reef exploring – this trip may be quick, but it packs in a lot of action. Take a nine-day trip through the best of Jordan and Egypt to discover the most epic of histories and striking of landscapes. Wander the ancient city of Petra, relax along the Gulf of Aqaba coastline, and finish up among the souqs and pyramids in Cairo. As you travel this land of courageous adventurers, mighty pharaohs and biblical prophets, be greeted by the legendary hospitality of local Bedouin people at your Wadi Rum desert camp and discover the underwater worlds that lie beneath the azure waters of the Red Sea.
Day 1: Amman
Day 2: Petra
Day 3: Petra
Day 4: Wadi Rum
Day 5: Nuweiba
Day 6: Dahab
Day 7: Dahab
Day 8: Cairo
Day 9: Cairo
- Hotel (7 nights), Desert camp (1 night)
- 7 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Plane , Ferry , Minibus , Jeep
- An expert tour leader
- Petra - Guided tour (One day pass included)
- Wadi Rum - 4WD jeep safari
- Wadi Rum - Bedouin Desert Camp
- Wadi Rum - Zarb Local Dinner
- Aqaba - Visit
- Any international flights to Amman and from Cairo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Jordan & Egypt Express tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jordan & Egypt Express tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 November 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 November 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Jordan & Egypt Express tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan & Egypt Express tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- There is quite a bit of walking involved in visiting Jordan's historic sites, especially in Petra and Wadi Rum, so a reasonable level of fitness is required. Often there is little to no shade, so remember to bring sun protection and comfortable walking shoes.
- Your desert camp stay in Wadi Rum may be simple, but it is an incredible experience. There are tents and shared western bathroom facilities. Please be aware that while the desert may be very hot during the day, it will still be cool at night, so warm clothes and a sleeping bag are highly recommended – especially when travelling outside of the summer months.
- Winters can get quite cool in this region, so if you're visiting at this time, don't forget to pack some warmer layers too.
- The Aqaba–Nuweiba ferry travels across the Gulf of Aqaba and can be rough, on occasion, but is the easiest way to travel between the two destinations. If you do experience sea sickness, please take appropriate precautions for the journey. This journey can often be held up due to scheduling or weather conditions, and if delays or cancellations occur, alternative transport arrangements will be made to ensure your seamless journey from Jordan to Egypt. Please see the Day 5 ‘Special Information’ section of the trip itinerary for more details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.