- Local culture
- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Petra Visit the spectacular 'Rose Red City' of the ancient Nabateans, featured in an Indiana Jones movie
- Little Petra Have a private dinner under the stars of Petra
- Wadi Rum Take an optional camel trek or fourwheel drive in the impressive desert landscape of Wadi Rum and camp under the stars
- Wadi Musa have lunch with a local family and learn about their lifestyle and traditions
Lost cities, crusader castles and sleeping under the stars are all part of this action packed family holiday to Jordan. Discover the spectacular lost city of Petra, with a night under canvas next to its smaller neighbour known as Little Petra; spend a night in a comfortable Bedouin camp complete with ensuite bathrooms in the Wadi Rum desert and get to swim the Red Sea and float in the Dead Sea. Petra - Visit the spectacular 'Rose Red City' of the ancient Nabateans Wadi Rum - Enjoy a delicious meal in the desert and camp under the stars Aqaba - Swim and snorkel in the turquoise waters of the Red Sea.
Despite the start of the rainy season, we were very lucky, the clouds cleared so we could see Cotopaxi and some other volcanoes.
My only criticism, is that the walks on the mainland could have been a little longer!”
Day 1 : Join trip in Amman
Day 2 : Visit Jerash and Madaba taking part in a mosaic workshop visit
Day 3 : Morning float in the Dead Sea, explore Kerak's Crusader castle. Continue to Little Petra, overnight Bedouin camp.
Day 4 : Full day in the Nabatean city of Petra.
Day 5 : Free in Petra, dinner with a local family in Wadi Mousa.
Day 6 : Four wheel drive to Wadi Rum. Overnight camp with a traditional zarb dinner served.
Day 7 : Travel to Aqaba with afternoon free to spend on the beach.
Day 8 : Free day in Aqaba with optional sailing and snorkelling, return to Amman
Day 9 : Trip ends in Amman
- 8 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 3 Dinners
- Toledo Hotel (3 nights)
- Little Petra Ammarin Bedouin Camp (1 night)
- Edom Hotel (2 nights)
- Space Village Luxury Camp (1 night)
- City Tower Hotel (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Camp Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Amman are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Family Jordan, Petra and Desert Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Family Jordan, Petra and Desert Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Family Jordan, Petra and Desert Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family Jordan, Petra and Desert Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.